Thursday, July 25, 2019

Psalm 119, Verse 2: "Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, Who seek Him with the whole heart!" As rendered in the New King James Version (NKJV)

It's Thursday, July 25, 2019. Good morning. I am back from the airport and Mr. Bradley will soon be headed to Chicago and from there, by train, to visit some college friends in South Bend, Indiana. He will be graduating college this December. He has a tremendous testimony for Jesus. For many years, he has done the music with his band for many different summer Christian camps. His degree will be in business with a heavy emphasis on engineering. He does have some concerns because many of his friends are finding the job market somewhat difficult. Some have ended up taking jobs outside of their degree program. I told him to lean on the Lord to make a way for him. I told him he may have to start lower than he might have in mind, but, the potential is there for those willing to work hard and apply themselves. I know from experience in dealing with many young graduates how expectations can really cloud up the reality of how things work in the real world. However, I know God will take care of this young man who has been such a blessing to literally thousands of kids for so many years. We are praying that God will work on his behalf. Amen.

I was not unhappy to go to the airport early this morning since the traffic is always lighter at that time of day. I used to be out there often, back in the day. As we all know, 9-11 changed everything with regards to air travel, and, it can be quite a hassle. Necessary? Likely. But, still a hassle. And, being there early also means I missed the masses that show up for flights to all points everywhere. I still remember when men wore suits when they flew and ladies dressed up. NOT ANYMORE. I read the other day about a lady who was asked to cover up because she was essentially coming out of her clothes. I was surprised they had any standard at all. But, then again, I also remember when people dressed up to go to the ballpark to see a professional baseball game. That's right. Men in suits at an Astros game. Some argue the 'anything goes' dress culture is good because we are no longer uptight about things of that sort. More relaxed. More at ease. While some of that may be true, and, I don't know that having to dress up for stuff like that was the right answer, however, we have in many respects, perhaps due to overkill, lost any sense of decorum and appropriateness in the process. I know. That sounds very dated and old fuddy-duddyish, doesn't it? I can't deny it, but, I still see it that way.


I am afraid that pendulum is never swinging back the other way. And, again, I'm not saying people should be made to dress up for any of these activities. I'm only talking about a modicum of respect as it relates to choices made. That's all. Those of us who are believers in the God revealed in the Scriptures and have accepted His provision for our salvation, that being the putting of our faith and trust in the finished work done on our behalf by Jesus the Christ in His death, His burial, and His resurrection, we should seek His direction and will in all areas of our daily living. Should. The immediate question: Do we do this? Obviously, we do not do it all the time and that leads to our testimony and our behavior being fuzzy in reflecting His will in our life. That's why it is good for us to remind each other of our constant need of God's help, every moment of every hour of every day. Amen. Okay. That will do for today. We will be making our debut this evening as Summer Santa and Summer Mrs. Claus. It should be fun. May God bless each one. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: