Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Coming Attraction: Christmas in July!

We continue the journey today and mark this day as Tuesday, July 9, 2019. I do hope today's visit finds everyone doing well. We did the photo last Saturday afternoon when the official temperature was a feels like of 107 degrees. We are supposed to show up later this month at a couple of the Chick-fil-A locations for a special Family Night, Christmas in July celebration. We did several promo shots for this upcoming event and it was very warm, even though I couldn't even imagine what it would have been had I donned the big suit. This will be our first time to do a summer Santa engagement. I have done some fall events, craft shows, and even a Halloween selfie booth, but, summertime Santa, well, it's a first. They will decorate accordingly and I understand the staff will be wearing their own version of beach time holiday attire. We will be making selfies with the kiddos, families, and staff, and, that is always a fun time. Occasionally, I give a little kid one of my Santa business cards as a souvenir. At this time of year, some of them look at the card, look at me, and then ask the pregnant question, "Why are you here?" That's a good question, not only for Santa but, for us all.

The folks bringing the new furniture for our family room on Thursday do not remove the old furniture. We were told that none of the delivery companies remove the old furniture. They will move it to the side. Houston, we have a problem. We cannot move it to the side and have room for the new stuff. I called The Salvation Army and they have agreed to come on Wednesday to fetch the old furniture as a donation. The old stuff we have is big. The old stuff we have is very heavy. I did send photos, therefore, I hope they are sending some big people with strong backs. We will have to remove it through the sliding glass door opening since getting it through the front or kitchen door is not an option. It will be the same procedure for the new stuff. Our house was built in the early 1960s and while the doors may be a standard size, getting big stuff through them and then to the family room isn't feasible. We learned that with the old stuff, purchased as a result of Hurricane Ike, 2008. When it was new. To prepare for this event we've been thinking about how it will work. As I sat in my place, my recliner side of the love-seat sofa, I, without really even thinking, began to check down the sides of the cushions. Next thing I knew I had a full set of keys in my hand. Hello? They turn out to be those lost some time ago by the wife's sister. The wife said her sister was overjoyed. Good. Maybe other stuff will show up before it leaves. Who knows? We may all be overjoyed before we are done.

I know these are somewhat mundane events on our schedule, but, the other more exciting stories got away from me. I'm not making that up. Yesterday, when I was whipping out my blog I had a dozen other things to write about. Today? Well, WYSIWYG, What You See Is What You Get. I was going to ask Mr. Bentley, our puppy if he remembered anything that might be memorable, but, alas, he is all curled up at my feet enjoying a nap. I can visualize some of the ideas that were interesting, but, the rest of it has left the building, has pulled away from the station, to Lord knows where. And, I am sure He does know. Will they return? They might. When they do I will likely not recognize them as those I forgot, but, they will just be some more stuff to share. I actually remembered one of them. It has to do with some of the recent happenings where people were offended and their being offended caused people to take actions, change products, and, generally act in remarkable ways. I went ahead and mentioned this one so that I can come back and read it and share some of the insanity that passes itself off as 'our times'. Until next time, may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: