Monday, March 11, 2019

Today's modern world: Doctor's office: "All our records are electronic now but I do need you to fill out these 12 forms." ~ copied

Okay. Here we go again with a brand new Monday, here on this March 11, 2019. A couple of weeks ago I received a notice from my medical care provider that I was behind on the regular checking of my blood work. (Diabetes) I don't why, but, when I get a notice like that it is somewhat akin to being called to the principal's office. I began to fret a little over having the testing done because I couldn't be sure how the results would turn out. I know. You don't have to tell me. You do the testing so you can find out. I think I am aware of how it works even though I at times do tend to adopt the 'no news is no news' approach. At any rate, I called and made an appointment with the lab to do the blood work. I had actually had my last readings back in October of last year before I retired from public work. I began to wonder what my retirement might have done to my test results. I think men, in particular, have this preoccupation with bad news in order to prepare for whatever the results turn out to be. I wasn't like worried-worried about it, but, I was unsure, and perhaps even a little unsettled. They came in last Friday afternoon. I was relieved. Here's what my doctor said: "Lab looks good overall - triglycerides are much better, HgbA1c is stable and good at 6.4, kidney functions are stable, and blood counts, thyroid, and liver functions are all fine." I celebrated by having myself a slice of the angel food cake the wife had just made with some sweet strawberries to go with it. I also told the wife it was God's provision and I did thank Him for it. She typically responds by saying, "See, I knew you had nothing to worry about." Thank you very much.

I also am very aware that our time here on earth is in God's hands. Regardless of what the doctor might say. I remember how my father-in-law had received a clean bill of health from his physician just prior to suffering a catastrophic stroke. I also read over the weekend how a senior county official died suddenly and without warning. He was three years younger than me. Truth is, we all need to be ready to go when our time comes. We do that by making sure that Jesus is our Savior and Lord. We can't take anything with us except for the works we have done for Him from a heart desiring to bring honor and glory to His name. While I know that I know I am saved and ready to go to heaven, my time here and the work He would have me to do remains a work in progress. We see in The Scriptures how that, as believers, we will stand before our Savior and give an account for the new life He gave to us. We will not be held accountable for our sins. They are under the blood. However, when He saved us He had a plan for our lives. We will be evaluated based on the living out of our new life in Christ. That's referred to as the Judgment Seat of Christ and it can be found in the Apostle Paul's first letter written to the local assembly meeting in Corinth, Greece, "For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it. For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire." (1 Corinthians 3:9-15)

I actually spent some time on my blog yesterday, Sunday afternoon. However, we had a power glitch and I lost the last two paragraphs. Yep. That still happens. Even in 2019. That means I have had to more or less reconstruct something to throw onto the page this morning. It happens. I thought I would fill in with some tidbits from Mr. Bentley. I sometimes call him the wife's crazy dog. When we go outside and walk around he thinks everyone we meet has come out to see him. The entire little guy's baseball team showed up to practice just because they want to see Mr. Bentley. That little girl on the bicycle? She went riding to find him. The other day at as we passed by the park a lady and her 3-year-old were getting out of their vehicle. She commented that she didn't think he would be satisfied until he got to meet them. What she didn't know was Mr. Bentley thought they were the ones nearly breaking the leash to try to get to him. He is a funny little puppy. On Sunday morning I was up early, sitting at the breakfast table, reading over the Sunday Bible Study lesson material. He was laying on the kitchen floor. Suddenly he started growling and barking at the kitchen door. He had spotted my reflection and was trying to alert me to a potential burglar. He is the source of laugh-out-loud antics. And, I do find myself accommodating him more often than not. I will try to remember what I had written before, but, if not, I can assure you we have not missed that much. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later. 

No comments: