Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Happy Birthday to Celeste Danielle!


Today is another special day for our family on this Tuesday, March 12, 2019. That's because it's the birthday of our granddaughter, Celeste Danielle. This vibrant young woman has overcome many obstacles in her time here on the planet. She has dealt with health concerns and a very serious auto accident. She is a fighter and someone committed to the life God has given to her. She has done well in her academic pursuits and has also excelled in her work as an emergency dispatcher for the Baytown Police Department. She recently was awarded a lifesaving medal for her work with a person she helped while taking a call. We are so very proud of her many accomplishments and wish her the happiest birthday and pray God's continued blessings in her life. Our love, MiMi and Poppy.

Most in our household are dragging some from a strong case of a hacking cough. Allergies, drainage, and inflamed throats seem to be the norm for our crew as we actually look forward to some rain that might wash away the pollen piled up everywhere. We can't really say we are sick but we pretty much have been zapped of our energy. We do look forward to a Biblical solution. You know the one I am talking about. "And, it came to pass...." Let's hope that's what happens here, that it didn't come to stay but it too came to pass. I do well until I am not doing well. When the combination of drainage and a very active cough response join forces, well, I can get cranked up on what seems to be an uncontrollable situation. Sudden onset! Yes. We are guzzling over the counter stuff to try and deal with the problems. We are also using throat lozenges around the clock. Mr. Bentley seems to be most concerned when any of us have a coughing spell. He typically comes over to make sure we are okay.

Watching the scenery from Live PD the other evening, I will still take our pollen saturated landscape as opposed to snow piled up several feet high. We have a number of folks in our Bible Study Class who are from really cold areas of our country. One couple from Northern Minnesota still keeps up with the temps of their former hometown and they relate them to me some Sunday mornings. At this time of year, they typically are in the minus range even when we are near 80 here. They tend to have a little shiver that makes them shake all over when they give their report. I have heard them talk about how the super cold does get rid of the bugs. You think? At any rate, they are happy to be in our area although they do feel for their family and friends back home. Any time I try to tell folks how I miss the colder weather from my growing up days, those who are from the really cold places say I don't really know what I am talking about. Maybe not, but, I do remember the weather patterns seem to have been different back in the 1950s and 1960s. Some of that might be my faulty recollection like the one where I tell my boys I had to walk through a foot of snow to school each day. That's a joke. I've never really told them that one. I have, however, told them about walking to school. I'm not sure they were altogether clear on the fact that we lived less than two blocks away. They did figure it out for themselves when they got old enough to see the school from my grandfather's back yard. Oh well, the journey continues. Take care and may God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: