Tuesday, March 26, 2019

NY Times Headline: "Mueller Finds No Trump-Russia Conspiracy"

I suppose that we all, as Americans, should be feeling good that our President did not cooperate with the Russians in order to manipulate the 2016 election. He is not a spy for the Putin government. We have $25 million plus dollars spent to find this out. Oh. Hello. It is Tuesday, March 26, 2019, and I had this on my mind. I'm not the only one. Of course, this is not the end of the continued recriminations against the President's election. The Democrats had taken all kinds of action trying to make sure that investigator, Special Prosecutor, Robert Mueller, was protected from the President. They threatened every sanction in the book had the President interfered with the completion of this work. But, it became a really dark day whenever the report was finished and there was no evidence of collusion. Suddenly, the Democrats do not love Robert Mueller like they did before. He should have handed them grounds for the immediate impeachment of President Trump, but, after over two years and a vast amount of resources, there ended up being 'no there' there. They had said when the report is issued they would live by it. Liars! They now will conduct their own investigations. They now will continue the battle against an election that, in their minds, rightfully belonged to Hillary Clinton. If they wanted to turn even more people off, and maybe that's their strategy, they are working overtime to do just that. For those who stay for the second feature, well, we will be in for a mudslide extravaganza.

Today is the anniversary of the birthday of my wife's mom, who later became my mother-in-law. Here is a tribute I wrote some seven years ago:

Prayer to God: "Thanks for people You have placed in our lives, and thanks for the memories."

Today is Monday, March 28, 2011. Last Saturday would have been my mother-in-law's birthday, the 26th of March. She was a wonderful God loving woman who left this life in her 81st year of sojourn here, in May of 1998. My wife's family are my family. That may not have been that well understood as I said my "I do" way back in 1964, but it is something I learned, and not only just by acknowledgment, but I learned it to be a treasure. My wife's mom was a simple woman in many ways but with a twist. She was a maker of things. She had a quick mind and a wit that you had to stay ready just to keep up with her. She could sew up a storm and when she had sewing on her mind, she stayed with it. She loved her kids, and she loved their kids, and yes, she even loved the spouses, including me. I know that is easy to say after the fact, but it is also the truth because I lived in that prayerful love that she carried with her 24 hours a day. She loved music. She loved Gospel music and especially songs with a mountain twang. Most of all, she loved to hear her family sing. She didn't sign up initially to be a pastor's wife but she was faithful in doing her best to fulfill that role in their nearly 50 years of ministry together. One thing I thank God for is a fairly good memory. Sure, if you have one, you have to deal with some recollections that are not too pleasant, but my how wonderful it is to hear my mother-in-law's voice, laughing and talking, even as I write about her this morning. I didn't get to be who I am today by myself. God had to provide and often He did so through wonderful people like Mom Rawles. May God bless our memories of this dear woman. Amen.

Mom Rawles, my Mother-in-law.
How blessed I have been with the people God has placed in my life.  I should be a whole lot better than I am as a result. I can still remember my last conversation with her. They thought she was leaving for her real home, but, she had a slight turnaround and began to pull out of it some. She told me she loved me and asked if it was okay if she hung around a little while longer. Unsung. But, in her own small way she made a difference with the life God gave to her. I could actually say that exact same thing about many of the people who have been most influential in my life. I think this tells us something. This is God's plan. You know: "Brighten the corner where you are! Brighten the corner where you are! Someone far from harbor "you" may guide across the bar; Brighten the corner where you are!" After naming all the heroes of the faith in what we call the 11th Chapter of Hebrews, the inspired writer turns his attention to some unnamed folks, 'OTHERS', who were faithful, who often suffered as a result. The world didn't recognize them or their contributions, but, their God did! What was God's assessment of these unnamed saints, "of whom the world was not worthy." I think that will do for today. Maybe something here will encourage us all to utilize our lives, our 'corner' for the Lord. Amen. .....More later.  

No comments: