Thursday, March 28, 2019

"One missing child is one too many." ~ John Walsh, father of a kidnapped, murdered child, who has devoted his life to pursuing criminals, especially those who would harm children.

I will do my best to make today's edition a politics-free zone. It is Thursday, March 28, 2019, and I do bid each one a hearty welcome from my little upstairs space here in The Home Office. One thing that has been a heart-wrenching thing for me is to see the number of missing children being posted every day. I don't know if social media is helping to find these kids but the exposure has been extensive. The photo was one posted on social media of a young boy praying in a Wal-Mart where a large chart of missing children was hung. Nationally, there are an estimated 2000 children that go missing each day. This includes runaways and those taken by someone they know like a divorced spouse. The actual kidnapping or abduction rate by someone they do not know is fairly low, but, any missing child brings pain, suffering, and heartache into families all across our land. Hopefully, the focus on individual postings where people send out appeals for help will be productive. I pray for those impacted because you can literally sense the anguish in their crying out for help. (I'm one of those who always wanted to know where my boys were at all times, and, it was next to impossible to rest anytime I didn't know, for any reason.)

Thankfully, we do get good reports from time to time.

Missing Texas girl found safe after 2-year search



I can still remember when I would come in late at night as a teen, no matter what the time, I would hear my mom's voice, "Son, is that you?" I didn't realize how strong that instinct of caring and responsibility was until my boys were the ones coming in late. God made us that way. He understands. He gave this insight through the psalmist, "As a father pities his children, So the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust." (Psalm 103: 13-14) We also recall the wonderful imagery of the passage describing God Himself waiting for His wayward son to come home. "And he arose and came to his father. But when he was still a great way off, his father saw him and had compassion, and ran and fell on his neck and kissed him." (Luke 15:20) This is a great overview of God's heart for His children. The entire passage is worth anyone's time. It can be found in Luke 15, verses 11-32. My heart goes out to those who have had the stress of a missing child. May they find comfort that only God can give. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: