Friday, March 29, 2019

“Friday is like a superhero that always arrives just in time to stop me from savagely beating one of my coworkers with a keyboard.“ ~ Rico

Good morning. Another typical work week is coming to an end here on this Friday, March 29, 2019. I used the word typical because I am well aware of the huge number of folks who work shifts around the clock with schedules that run 7 x 24. I ran a program for years that required 24-hour staffing, therefore, I am well aware of how different these shift workers are compared to their contemporaries who work a regular daily 8 hours. The group I ran had responsibilities for computing and telecommunications provisioning with terminals scattered across the globe. Some of these included a drilling operation in the South China Sea, mining operations in Australia, oil product management throughout Asia, Europe, Central, and South America, along with the distributed network in the US. Time zones alone required the hub center to be staffed around the clock. The time zones can be tricky. My operations people always found it odd to be talking with people in Australia where it was already tomorrow for us. Of course, it wasn't tomorrow for the Aussies, it was their today. At any rate, I do appreciate the nuances of those who deal with working these odd hours. Some really thrive on it. Others, not so much. Sleep issues, balancing home life, and countless other challenges are a part of the configuration. I'm no longer involved in all of that. I am now operating on Mr. Bentley Standard Time. And, believe me, that is an adjustment we are still trying to get our arms around.

Here's an excerpt from a blog written eleven years ago. (Just so you know, I will soon be doing flashbacks from 12 years ago.) ~ I really have a hard time trying to make sense out of the reasoning of those who reject even a consideration that God exists and that He is the Creator of all things including the human body. All that we know about creation declares the glory of God and His sovereign majesty over all things. Here’s a song that David the Psalmist wrote concerning the splendor of God’s created universe.

Psalm 19 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David.

1) The heavens declare the glory of God; And the firmament shows His handiwork. 2) Day unto day utters speech, And night unto night reveals knowledge. 3) There is no speech nor language Where their voice is not heard. 4) Their line has gone out through all the earth, And their words to the end of the world. In them He has set a tabernacle for the sun, 5) Which is like a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, And rejoices like a strong man to run its race. 6) Its rising is from one end of heaven, And its circuit to the other end; And there is nothing hidden from its heat. 7) The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul; The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple; 8) The statutes of the LORD are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the LORD is pure, enlightening the eyes; 9) The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10) More to be desired are they than gold, Yea, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. 11) Moreover by them Your servant is warned, And in keeping them there is great reward. 12) Who can understand his errors? Cleanse me from secret faults. 13) Keep back Your servant also from presumptuous sins; Let them not have dominion over me. Then I shall be blameless, And I shall be innocent of great transgression. 14) Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer. (New King James)

I do love this passage and I do pray that you will be aware of God’s working in His created world through His created human family which includes you and I. Have a great time over your days off and may God help each of us to recognize His Lordship over all things! Amen. ~

I know I've been all over the place this week. The stuff emanating from Washington D.C. got me going early on and I more or less focused on it to the exclusion of other topics. I saw the wife sitting on the couch reading my blog and heard her mumble, "More politics?" I've already explained why I spent the time I did on the 'no collusion' story. Now we are dealing with the fallout. I'm not going back over any of what I have already written, however, I can see danger for all sides if they overplay their response. The President is livid about the entire investigation and he wants to see people punished if they did, in fact, as he believes, attempt to corrupt the outcome of the election by violating the law and the constitution. He, in my opinion, should leave this in the hands of Senator Graham and others while he gets back to governing our nation. That's how I see it. On the other side, the Democrats run the risk of becoming the party of persecution which may not bode well for them in the next election cycle. Okay. Now on to something more important. I do hope you enjoy your Saturday and that Lord's Day Sunday will find us all in the place where people come together to worship our Lord and to hear from Him as His Word is shared. That will help us all to deal with the ongoing craziness we see each week. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: