Wednesday, March 27, 2019

“Politics - a lucrative game for the ludicrous.” ― Stewart Stafford

A new day and we are off and running on this Wednesday, March 27, 2019. Have you ever wondered why there is never any accountability within the madness of the political class in Washington, D.C? We have senior house members who lead critical committees that have said over and over again that they personally have seen the evidence and it clearly shows the President colluded with Russia. Many members. When they are called on to resign they respond by saying these charges are nothing more than noise from the opposition. See what I mean? Video record after video record shows them speaking to a national audience and guaranteeing this evidence to be readily available. No accountability. The media, both entertainment and news? Literally, dozens of anchors, commentators, pundits, along with Hollywood types said directly and implied the exact same story. (See the chart above.) The President is as good as behind bars. There were nearly 600,000 stories run about collusion. Yesterday, the head of one of these most offending networks said he had no regrets about the coverage. Give me a break! Even the former head of the CIA who claimed President Trump was guilty of treason now says he must have been given wrong information. Not the mainstream networks. I purposely watched one of the cable networks known for its bias against the President. No apologies for any previous reporting, but, now they breathlessly are hoping against hope that if they can get the entire report released, maybe, just maybe, there's another shoe that might drop. I ask you. What kind of journalism is reflected in this type of coverage? And, while I am not a fan of Fox News, it is somewhat of a needed balance in the midst of this never-ending 'take out the President' or as it is often called, Trump Derangement Syndrome. As the kids might say, that's just messed up. Period. (As a side note: I saw an article run by our distant cousins across the pond, the UK's Guardian, "An Illegal Take-Down that Failed." Let that sink in for a moment.)

I will be the first to admit that I have been somewhat more tuned in to this most recent development than the daily machinations that define politics today. I still scan the headlines, look at my Twitter feed, and I typically peruse a couple of other news websites. We do watch some local news, but, I am pretty much off the national news being peddled by ABC, CBS, and NBC. I am also pretty much weaned off of the cable news programs. All of them. I found the Mueller Report and all of the stuff surrounding it to be compelling since I believe it does impact our country in a material way. No. I am not surprised in the least that opponents of the President are doubling down with more promised investigations. However, Senator Lindsey Graham who heads up the Senate Intelligence Committee is planning an investigation into how this collusion thing came into being. If, in fact, we have people who are in or were in our government and they participated in a plan to bring down the President, we need to know this. I will be interested in that committee's deliberations as they move forward. I think this is long overdue. And, I have already heard some of the top Democrats beginning to publicly worry about a continued focus on using legislative means to pursue the Trump Administration. They worry about the next election cycle and what people will surmise from how they spend their time. I just wanted everyone to know that while I no longer consider myself to be a news junkie, I am more than just a casual observer.

For anyone who is new, or perhaps they just landed on my blog, let me reiterate a few things that influence my political viewpoints. I am a Christian. (I believe the Bible and have accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.) As they rank folks, while I don't particularly like labels, I would be categorized as a conservative. I typically vote Republican but like to think of myself as an independent voter making choices as I feel informed by my convictions. I am not a personal fan of Donald Trump. In the matchup between him and Hillary Clinton, I did vote for him. I will vote for him again if someone like the last Democratic candidate shows up as his opponent. I did not support his candidacy in the primary, but, given the choice, I am not ashamed in any way of my vote in the general election. I think he would be better off not to be so thin skinned and active in his off the rails tweeter rampages. However, he is who he is. I said at the outset I was a Christian. This means God's truth should be the major factor in how I view things. God has revealed Himself as the ultimate Authority, therefore, I trust Him to deal with and take care of all of these issues in His own time. Cop out? I don't think so, but, others can draw their own conclusions. I am optimistic about God and His provision. I am not optimistic about political matters or the world system we deal with each day. And, that doesn't mean I don't get bent out of shape from time to time because I am not always remembering to remember the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I hope that makes sense. If not, tune in tomorrow. Maybe it will be different or perhaps even better. Don't count on it. Have a great rest of the day and may God bless each one. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: