Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Psalm 90:12, Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC) "So teach us to number our days, that we may get us a heart of wisdom."

Welcome back. Finally. Whew! So glad to be able to bring you greetings once again from my home away from home, after an eleven-day hiatus, and it turns out to be a very cold start here on this second day of our brand new year here on this Tuesday, January 2, 2018. I do not exaggerate this cold start metaphor since I think we are somewhere near or below 25 degrees this morning. (The thermometer outside of our office on the wall is at 25 as I write this.) I start out this new year with a grateful heart. Grateful. Humbly so. I am most grateful for God's mercy, grace, and His forgiving heart as I once again seek to honor Him with the life He has given to me. I do know one thing. He has been much better to me than I have been to Him. Yet, because of my faith and trust in my Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, He has claimed me as His very own child. That would be the greatest of all blessings that anyone can achieve in their time here on the planet. My prayer is that each one will know this same personal relationship that He desires to have with His created human family. Amen and Amen.

Coming out of the Christmas and New Year celebrations, we look back and know that God helped us to enjoy time with family, our close kin, friends, and other brothers and sisters in Christ. That was a present worth being thankful for. We didn't have to think long to be reminded of those near and dear to our hearts who have gone on to their heavenly reward. We also are aware of so many who are mourning the loss of loved ones, some very near the holidays themselves. Others we know are facing life-threatening illnesses as the new year unfolds. We have seen the stories about those who have been killed and injured while doing their sworn duty as police officers to serve and protect. We don't live in a bubble and we know that God knows all about these families who are hurting. Our hearts go out to all dealing with these types of situations and while we can do little to alleviate their pain, we do know that we can intercede on their behalf before our God who cares. We are privileged to do that very thing. Amen.

We actually went to bed fairly early on New Year's Eve. I'm afraid that's how we roll. If someone asks me if I saw the new year come in, I cannot tell a lie, I did. I forget where it was in the world, but, there was a popup video of the striking of the new year somewhere across the ocean blue, maybe it was New Zealand or some other area of the world, BUT, I did witness the celebration, with fireworks I might add. As for that ball that drops in New York City, I read about it. I understand it was really cold there. I hope those who gathered and waited literally for over 12 hours in the cold ended up thinking it was worth it. I can't remember what I was dreaming about when it fell but I'm thankful to report that it wasn't a nightmare. As best I recall. I know. Dull. I may be the un-elected mayor of Dullsville. But, I am so very thankful to be able to be up and going again in this brand new year. Arthritis in my hips is still singing a mournful tune since I finished tugging, pulling, lifting, and the handling of easily over 1,000 kids during the past eight weeks. But, at 71, I know a certain amount of that comes with the territory. Again, so very thankful for the health I do have and thankful for the journey that continues. May God bless you and yours and us all as we pursue a productive 2018. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: