Friday, January 12, 2018

“Sometimes chaos is the very thing that deliberately shakes up our neatly ordered world’s in order to get us out of the neatly ordered ruts that have kept us stuck.” ― Craig D. Lounsbrough

Good morning and welcome to Friday, January 12, 2018. As most of you know, I am a very early
person and I start my day here at the ole blogger ranch typically in or around 4 a.m. Most days, I encounter very few vehicles on the road during my morning commute. The sheriff's department has patrol vehicles here and there or they might be pulled up alongside each other talking things over. Being mostly by myself allows me to drive down the road, drinking my coffee, and doing my morning conversation with the Lord. Uninterrupted and unbothered. Yesterday was different. When I hit one of the main roadways I was surprised because I was surrounded by a half dozen vehicles. I didn't send for any of them. Suddenly, I had to be more careful. You know. I had to do things like concentrating on staying in my lane. And, by the way, where did these folks come from? And, why in the world are they out and about at 3:45 a.m.? I'm used to seeing the occasional 18-wheeler making an early visit to the big box store and now and then one of those noisy garbage trucks that empty dumpsters. But, these were, like, real people, driving their cars. Some were behind me. Others were beside me. I even wondered to myself if these folks out and about so early, do they really have a life or what? Wait a minute. It hit me. That would include me, myself, and I. I hate it when I have to deal with boomerangs so early in the morning. I hear you. And, yes I agree. It is, after all, a free country. Thanks for reminding me.

You think they may have been wondering the same thing about me? Good observation. And, they are entitled to do just that. However, I do prefer if they are going to share the roadway with me so early in the morning that they make no sudden stops that could endanger my hot cup of Community. Is that too much to ask? That title quote above might speak to my orientation around my own version of 'neatly ordered ruts'. And, yes, I am very much aware of the old saying about how a fixed routine can become a rut which is nothing more than a grave with the ends knocked out. I like to think of mine in a more kind and gentle way. As for chaos, I think there's pretty much enough of that to go around. I've been through many of those management programs that foster a 'if it's not broken, break it' mentality. Upside down thinking. Run the day or it runs you. Don't build the business, build people, they will build the business. There is a better way, find it! And, the list goes on and on. Oh yeah, I failed to mention a favorite today, you've got to think outside the box. Are you tired yet? By the way, I have driven in a few times using a different route. That supposedly is a way to mess with those well-ordered ruts. While I did see different terrain, it was also further. It ended up not making much sense. I've gone an entire day using my left hand instead of my neatly ordered right hand. Supposedly, that will engage a different part of the brain. It also helped me to drop a few things. There are other quirky kinds of stuff I could mention, but, I think we all are exhausted by now. Meanwhile, I will continue to make it up as I go, in a neatly ordered rut sort of way.

Dot and Lil Bit.
This has been an interesting week. God has been good. We've had the wife's sister with us this week as she has been recuperating from a strained ligament in her leg. These girls! That's right. I call them girls because to me, while they may both be in their 70's, that's just who they have always been. Tight. Close. That's why we call them twins born 18 months apart. Since I am on this 'attitude of gratitude' emphasis as a way of shaping the new year, I want to mention the family that raised up these girls. Some theologians believe those in heaven are made aware of the good accomplished in their earthly families. While I'm not sure of that, I do know this. If mom and dad Rawles could see their girls, they would be bubbling over with Godly pride for the women of faith these girls live out in their daily lives. All our families are blessed as a result. That includes me. Yes. I am thankful for home cooked meals. But, there would be no meal without the home cooker. My desire to be truthful requires me to add that they are not perfect. However, they are women of distinction and they are a blessing from above. Therefore, since every good gift comes from God, I give Him thanks for these influential 'girls' that mean so much to us all. (James 1:17) Okay. That's my story for this week. Until next time, may God find us all to be faithful to Him as we continue our journey here. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: