Monday, January 15, 2018

"Yesterday is History. Tomorrow is a Mystery. Today is a Gift. That's why it's called The Present." ~ copied

Today. It's the object that we all have before us. If you are able to appreciate the truth of that statement, then, you, and I, have an opportunity to make something of this gift from God. Another day. It's our privilege to make it count. To apply ourselves. To honor God with our thoughts, deeds, and actions. It's also a catalyst for choice. We can choose our response to this brand new day. Yep. And, this one happens to fall on back to work Monday, January 15, 2018. ~ "Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant." ― Robert Louis Stevenson ~ "The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why."― Mark Twain ~ "This is a wonderful day, I have never seen this one before." ― Maya Angelou ~ "The day will happen whether or not you get up." ― John Ciardi ~ "As a child I had been taught to say my prayers at the start of every day, and so it did not seem an odd thing for me to stand out in the field and say "Oh God whatever happens today let it be under your perfect control." ― John Masters ~ Matthew 6:11, "Give us this day our daily bread." ― Jesus Christ. Maybe those quotes will help us all to get a running start at making the most of this day the Lord has provided to us. Amen.

I mentioned the other day how I'm not a New Year resolution person. Many are. I saw a statistic that reported only 8% of those who make them are able to achieve them. I'm not great at math but I believe that would leave 92% who make them but do not achieve them. I don't know the population that does not participate but I suppose it's like the old saying, "If you have no target you will hit it every time." This doesn't mean that I believe in settling. I don't. We have a mandate from above that we should always be growing and gaining. "Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God." (Hebrews Chapter 12, Verses 1-2, New King James Version, NKJV) I have a race. You have a race. Each believer has a race to run. There may be similarities but each race is unique to the individual who has been given talents and gifts from God. For me, I need to stay focused on the race given to me. That would be a good suggestion for each of us. Amen.

If they don't cancel on me, again, I hope to see my doctor this Wednesday. (The technical term: My Primary Care Physician.) I am looking forward to our time together. I rehearsed some of what I intend talking to him about with the wife. She had a response, "I certainly hope not." We will see. I was supposed to have a teeth cleaning appointment last week. The dental hygienist couldn't come in that day. They canceled the appointment. They warn you of dire consequences if you don't keep your appointment, but, both the doctor and the dentist can cancel at will. Since then, the dental office has been wanting me to reschedule. I told them I didn't cancel the appointment I had, therefore, I will let them know when I am ready to reschedule. I suppose I should be impressed for their concern about my teeth. (I must tell the whole story. I actually didn't even know about the teeth cleaning until they called to cancel, but, that is beside the point. Or is it?) No. I am not attempting to earn my way into the difficult patient/customer designation. Wait a minute. I think I had already made that one. I wonder what the next step up is. You do know that I am almost entirely, close to 100%, joking about all of this. I did have the dental appointment lady cracking up on the phone the other day. That should account for something. Right? I agree. I wouldn't wish me on anyone either. Thanks for the vote of support. Enjoy the rest of your day and may God help us to actively pursue the race He has set out for each of us. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: