Wednesday, December 27, 2017

I'm not into hashtags, but, if I was, I would be using this one today: #feeling blessed!

Most of our grands plus one great grand.
Okay. I know I am running a little behind on my blogging but I do have a good reason. My computer is in my office, upstairs. Right now we have a 12 year old grandson camping out on a blowup mattress in my office. We are thankful to have all our rooms occupied at the time including our dear Dorothy, twin sister to wife Marilyn, born 18 months apart. Today, December 27, 2017, our 12 year old, Alex, got up earlier than usual. He must have smelled the hot out of the grease Shipleys donuts. Still is a little bit of a recovery mode after a busy Santa season. It's mostly the pulling, tugging, and picking up of the kids. They tend to do a good job aggravating these 71 year old hips of mine.

I do hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas celebration. What a blessing just to think about how God orchestrated our being able to be right with Him by having His one and only Son be born into our world. We had our family together. Twenty of us gathered. Everything was great. My mom used to ask me every year, "Son, are you going to say it was the best ever?" She knows me well. While we enjoyed the gift exchange and the great food, it was the gathering and the fellowship that we will continue to treasure in our hearts. We thanked God for that because we do not take it for granted.

Thanks Alex, for finding your way downstairs so early this morning which gave me the time to throw together a blog. Yesterday, I mostly spent time becoming re-acquainted with an old friend of mine. My recliner. Marilyn and Dorothy spent many hours at The Mall. No. I'm not kidding. The Mall. Oh well, if that is what floats their boats, I suppose it's okay with me. I did miss a lot of whatever it was that was on TV. I would wake up in time for the finish, but, it was nearly over, and I didn't have a clue what it was all about. I do love it when a plan comes together. May God continue to bless each one is my prayer. There's lots of people in and around our area who have this flu that seems to be hitting nearly every household. Remember to pray for them, especially, for the little ones and the older ones. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: