Monday, January 22, 2018

"Definition of a Jury: Twelve people who determine which client has the better attorney." ~ copied

With the wife having left me again, (I've lost count), I can better understand the impact of the Barbara Mandrell hit from yesteryear, "Sleeping Single in a Double Bed." I think technically ours is a queen size, but, the song didn't provide that as an option. I think you get the picture. If not, I'll try to think of another song and I'll get back to you later. As you can see, I'm up and going once again, and thankful for it, on this Monday, January 22, 2017. I told you the other day how the experts on climate change had predicted several years ago that we would have no more snow. Now we are seeing record snowfall and they turn around and say it is due to climate change. So-called economy experts who are on the left predicted a total collapse of the economy upon the election of Donald Trump as President. They said he would single-handedly destroy our economic well-being. The opposite has occurred, so what are they saying about it? These same people, (it really is hard to keep a straight face here), are now saying that President Trump has nothing to do with the economic resurgence experienced since the election. There's a current debate going on about whether the President used a crude word to describe some countries. He denies saying it. Here's the interesting part. President Obama said similar things. They didn't think he had committed an impeachable offense. Some of the most vocal critics who are saying he is unfit but they themselves have been found to have uttered similar things. In case you ever wondered what a DOUBLE STANDARD looks like, just sample the happenings emanating from Washington, D.C. each day. (It exists on both sides, however, a recent study by a respected media watchdog group concluded that 91% of coverage in the mainstream news outlets was negative towards President Trump and his administration. That, my friend, is about as unbalanced as it gets.)

I have to throw up some political stuff from time to time just so you know that I am paying attention. Now we have the government shutdown. Has anyone noticed what a mess we are in as it relates to how members of the House and Senate work together? If you decide to look, please don't stare too long. It is so ugly it could do permanent damage to your eyesight. Fortunately, our God is Sovereign. That means He is in ultimate control, not those holding out for their pet programs, not the lobbyists with billions to spend, and not even the President of our nation. God's got this and everything else that pertains to life here in His created world. The Apostle Paul said the things we touch and feel are not nearly as real as the truths that God allows us to see by faith. (2nd Corinthians 4:18) Sure. It does look hopeless at times when we view things from our physical perception. One of my favorite songs from the cartoon movie 'Prince of Egypt' is entitled "Through Heaven's Eyes." Here's an excerpt that encourages us all to see the reality of what God sees, "....you can never see through the eyes of man ..you must look at your life ..look at your life through heaven's eyes ...lai-la-lai... through heaven's eyes...." Amen.

I am glad to report the wife did return. I told her that while she was away, one night I had trouble sleeping. That's very rare for me. I surmised it was because she was gone. It aggravated me a little. But, the bottom line, I always miss her when she is away. I'm glad she was able to go and visit with her older brother, her sister, the widow of Bro. Milton, and her sister's friend, James. They always have a good time. Thanks to Facebook I get to see them having a good time. I told her when I saw the caption on the photo, something about good times with family and friends, I noticed something was missing. She asked what was missing. I said, "What about the fellow with the beard?" She replied, "Are you talking about yourself?" Sometimes life can be difficult, but, I am glad she is back and things are mostly back to normal. She's not feeling that great and may have a sinus infection. Oh yeah, that reminds me. I have my doctor's visit this morning. She told me to let her know what he says. To be honest, I could probably go ahead and tell her. The words and dialogue might be different,  but, my visits mostly follow the skit from the old Hee Haw show. Patient: "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." Doctor: "Then don't do that." I'm mostly kidding. I do like my doctor and I'll be seeing if he shows up with his "a" game today. Or something like that. Take care. Enjoy. Be thankful. God is good. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: