Tuesday, October 17, 2017

"Seeing her friend wearing a new locket, she asked if there is a memento of some sort inside.'Yes, it contains a lock of my husband’s hair. 'Wait a minute, he's still alive.' 'I know, but his hair is gone.'" ~ copied, unattributed

It's Tuesday, October 17, 2017, I am working the day watch and this is the city. That was a little play on the opening intro from the old Jack Webb 'Dragnet' series. I'm just trying to keep everyone on their toes. This past weekend the local weather people were almost giddy as they promised a cooldown for this week. I came in yesterday morning and I will admit it was coolish but in the low 60's. As I sped down the highway, the wind blowing stuff around in my pickup truck felt pretty good, but, I'll admit I was still a little letdown. I thought it would be a good time to leave the door open and air out the office but the bugs had other plans. They never seem to pay attention to the memo. While today is a little cooler, I suppose the weather people had reason to celebrate since we had been in the mid 90's each day for so long. If that had continued unabated, I believe the law says we all have to endure a lecture from Al Gore. I believe they would call that one a climate change skeptic joke. Like these: "It was so hot in Beverly Hills, people were frying their egg whiles on the sidewalk." - Comedian Matt Wohlfarth ~ "Well, at the Copenhagen climate summit — where they talk about the environment, you know, saving the environment — the delegates had 1,200 limousines and 140 private jets, or as they call that in Malibu, 'Earth Day.'" – Jay Leno

I do not claim myself to be a climate change skeptic. I would never underestimate the destructive forces that come out of those driven by greed and corruption. When someone intentionally pours deadly chemicals into a water or drainage system to avoid paying to properly dispose of it, well, it doesn't take a genius to know bad things will happen as a result. Rachet those kinds of behaviors up on a global scale and I could see where there would be a harmful impact. As to how that squares with the scientific evidence, well, I'm not qualified to say, however, I do know that God will have the final say on it all. That is the truth we can know because He has provided it to us in His Word. There are some cataclysmic changes coming to this earth and they will come from the Creator Himself. (You can read about them in the book of the Bible entitled, 'The Revelation of Jesus Christ'.) Meanwhile, believers, as stewards of the resources God has given to us, we are responsible for conducting ourselves in a manner consistent with the standards for living He has given. I heard one estimate that projected how roughly less than half of the 7.6 billion people on the planet identify with Christianity, but, in reality, less than 1 billion may have a true born-again experience in Christ. I can do those numbers. Outnumbered 7 to 1, but, God remains Sovereign and He has the final word. That is the truth and it's the one I am counting on. For now and for eternity. Amen.

I do get positive reinforcement from time to time from those who take the time to read what I have flung onto the electronic page. I certainly appreciate those who take the time to comment and share their thoughts with me. Last Saturday morning, these folks were walking down the street. I didn't know them. I was out in the driveway, leaning on my pickup, contemplating my day. The lady stopped and inquired as to how the wife is doing. I told her she was probably doing great because she was in Louisiana with her sister. She asked if her back is getting better. She then said something about my wife being one of the sweetest ladies she knows. Trying to be responsive, I replied, "Really? She then told me she hoped I knew how blessed I was. I was still trying to process all of this and again said, "Really?" The man laughed, and piped up, "Look, he has forgotten how blessed he is." I then regained my balance and I let him know that I was well aware of the blessing she is to me for soon to be 53 years as my wife. They made some noises about how remarkable that was. I thought maybe they had brought me a fruit basket and these comments were the candy gram that came with it. Can't a guy just lean on his truck without folks heaping adulation on his significant other? I know. I am blessed. Beyond measure. And, I thank God for that, and her, and her admiring public. Have a great rest of the day Tuesday, and Lord willing I'll see you next time. Until then, may God bless. Amen. .....More Later.

No comments: