Monday, October 23, 2017

"Please don't judge my life by the chapter you walked in on." ~ unknown

Welcome, welcome, welcome. It's Monday, October 23, 2017, and I'm thankful to be up and going here at the ole blogger ranch. Momma came home and that, in and of itself, is a huge blessing. I did my little day's work on an early bird session this past Saturday in the photography studio where we worked hard to capture the essence and joy of Christmas. I'm not sure the promotional video done by one of Mindy Harmon's staff members qualifies as having gone viral, but, it does have over 10,000 views. I would be the anonymous fellow in the video with the white beard and red suit. I suppose that may be as close as I get to my one minute (that is the length of the video) of anonymous fame. That's okay because the truth is all that we accomplish in this life in our workplaces, in our homes, and even playing the role of someone like Santa, well, they all pale in comparison to any and all that we might do on behalf of the Kingdom of God. Here's a thought. Everything we do here in terms of our earthly pursuits, while important in their own ways, will one day be left behind. Everything we do in serving the Lord will one day meet us when we all get to heaven. That includes any and all lives we have touched or influenced on behalf of the Lord. It's good to keep in mind where the true riches really exist. “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ~ (Words of Jesus from Matthew 16:19-21)

We are having a really good time in our Thursday night singing, praying, and Bible studies in our home. We sing and pray for thirty minutes. I lead a Bible-focused study for thirty minutes and then we enjoy a time of feasting and fellowship. Last week there were 15 of us enjoying our time together. There is something contagious about hearts that care and good-hearted wholesome laughter. We had an abundance of all of the above including some tears along the way. Folks bring snacks. I provide the Community. One lady had her sister from out of state with her and had to explain to the sister what Community was about. I told them about how the Community Coffee Company has had to add all the different flavors to be competitive in the marketplace. I mentioned they even have a pumpkin spice coffee this year. When I saw that it hurt me deep down inside, but, I've learned to skip over any and all of those kinds of ads when I am on their website. I still shudder a little, but, I realize this is the world we live in today. While I am on the subject, I want to pass on a tip I recently learned. If you use the little k-cups you might want to look out for this one. You might be drinking too much Community if the little k-cup from your previous cup is still too hot to handle when you insert your new k-cup. That may not may Heloise's list, but, I am always trying to pass along tips that will help us all.

I am sure there's a smidgen of hyperbole and embellishment peppered in my comments from time to time. The famous song from an old cowboy's perspective penned by the late Tom T. Hall had this sentiment regarding the mysteries of life, "It's faster horses, younger women, Older whiskey, and more money." I suppose that's a take-off on the old sage, 'wine, women, and song'. Growing up, I heard one that put it this way, "Metrecal, same old gal, and sing along with Mitch." I have one for you today. You probably guessed that. Right? How about, "Loving the Lord my God, enjoying the wife of my youth, and being satisfied with God's provision in my life?" That's not a holier than thou response. It's what I would like to pursue in my life. (If you don't recognize Metrecal and sing along with Mitch, don't worry about it. My stuff is dated and I know it.)  I think that should do it for today. I know some of you are wondering why I didn't mention Community Coffee in my life quote. I'm a little puzzled by that myself but I was shooting for something transcendent. Maybe I could add it as a footnote. Thanks for helping me think about this serious issue. (Laughing out loud, because I have never to my knowledge done LOL.) Have a great rest of the day Monday and may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: