Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I read where women shouldn't have children after 35. When you think about it, 35 children should be enough for anyone!

Let's see what we can get done on this day, Tuesday, October 24, 2017. Good morning, afternoon, evening, or night, depending on when you see this posting. I say that because I do get quite a few views from all over the globe. I am convinced they are almost entirely by accident, but, wouldn't be great to meet someone in heaven who was pointed to The Savior from reading one of my blogs? Couldn't happen? I remind you again of that Russian engineer working on a project in Iraq who saw John 3:16 scribbled on a wall of a tunnel. Not the actual verse, just the location. When he returned to his homeland, he couldn't get that inscription off of his mind. He went to the library, looked up the verse, and eventually came to know personally what it meant to have eternal life by trusting in Jesus the Christ. God can use anything He chooses. Many believe this to be a verse from the Bible, "God moves in mysterious ways; His wonders to perform." It's not. However, it is an excellent commentary on how God works. It was written by William Cowper in the 1800's, and here is his full quotation, "God moves in mysterious ways; His wonders to perform; He plants His footsteps in the sea, and rides upon the storm." God can use a scribbled inscription on the wall of a tunnel, a listened to radio program, a word spoken by a friend, or even a testimony given in a blog spinning out there on the vast information highway that encircles the globe. Why? Because He so loved! Amen.

As you by now have noticed, I notice things. I do. I really do. Sunday, after that huge rain, when I was driving to our evening services, it dawned on me how much better my glasses work after a cleansing rain. Everything was sharper and more vivid. No wonder my lady eye doctor said I could stay with this prescription a while longer. Last Saturday, after finishing up my Santa Claus work in the studio, I went home and changed clothes, and then I headed to the big mall. I needed to pick up a couple of items. Old people. You have to love them. I didn't see this person but I saw how they had parked. The car was one of those that looks like a boat on wheels. Their front bumper was maybe two feet or more away from the end of their parking box. This was a long car sticking out into the driving lane. Everyone was having to squeeze by. Once in the mall, I saw these people trying to share samples with would be prospects. I am obviously not a prospect. When a prospect walks by they become all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Suddenly, they see me and all bets are off, as they back away. I don't exactly feel discriminated against, but, I would maybe like to be given a chance to say no. I bought a plate of Chinese food and was eating it at the food court. An older man sitting at a table near me hollered out and asked if I was from this area. I learned he was shouting because he couldn't hear. He said he used to know the people well who owned the land the mall was built on. That was a long time ago and this was his first time to ever be at the mall. I don't think he ever heard anything I said. To the lady checking her child's diaper: Please refrain from such investigation at the food court. There's more. Therefore, I will add a 'to be continued' to this one.

I am not certain I wholeheartedly agree, but I do hear you. I don't blame you at all for being glad you are not me. There have been times when I may have felt the same way, but, then I remembered that I was me. See what I mean? It is, at times, a vicious cycle. One of the things that occurred to me during my Santa Claus work this past Saturday was how much I love children. That should be obvious if someone plays Santa but I couldn't help but be thankful that I do love these little kids. They are so precious. Even though the folks at the studio had cranked down the A/C, I was still pretty much in meltdown mode most of the day. However, when I came out of my little waiting area and greeted the next child, something magical happened. Sure, I want the parents to be pleased with our work. That's why they show up with their checkbook. More than that, the kids can be absolutely breathtaking in their excitement and how funny they can be as they interact with the jolly old dude. One of the poses we do is with a large glossy book of 'The Night Before Christmas.' The finished product depicts them and I reading and pointing as we look at the book. I always try to get a page with Santa on it and I don't know why but it does something to me to hear their answer when I ask who they see in the picture. "It's you!" Mission accomplished! As a dear friend of mine would often say, "I'm just rattling here." And,  that's enough rattling for today. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: