Monday, June 12, 2017

System Check: Discombobulated. Confused and Disconcerted. (but not concerned)

Proverbs 23:7 starts out like this, "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he..." Okay. I'm going to say that because of that, I think I am here, therefore, I must be. I'm pretty sure I'm not sleep walking, but, I do feel a little like I am, on this back to work Monday, June 12, 2017. I don't know if there is a place beyond the deep sleep, rapid eye movement scenario, but, if there is one, I think I visited it just before I woke up this morning. We are just back from two days in Louisiana to visit dad. He is not in a good place personally, however, he is being cared for in a good place with a good doctor and good nursing staff. His doctor is determined to get to the bottom of why dad has had this precipitous loss of mental function, so suddenly. The doctor agrees with all the losses dad has suffered as being contributing factors but what he sees is beyond that, in his opinion. Today they will be attempting to do additional testing. Pray with us for some results that will aid his treatment. Thanks. Amen

This past Saturday we enjoyed sharing lunch with my brother Richard and his wife. We went to a little Mexican food restaurant there in Leesville, Louisiana. The owner came over to greet us. Richard and Stephanie, along with mom and dad have always been regular customers. The owner's name is Alex. He shared his story with us. He started out in the Houston area washing dishes in the early 1980's. He worked his way up. We likely ate at the places where he worked. A number of years ago they visited some of his wife's relatives stationed at Fort Polk near Leesville. While there he became aware of this location and within 30 minutes they struck a deal, and the rest, as they say, is history. He had not even known there was such a little town, but, as he put it, it was a God thing. He went on to tell us that all the lowly staff he worked with way back when he started now own their own eating establishments except for one. He is a remarkable example of someone who has lived his version of the American dream. I was very impressed with his testimony in giving God credit as well as his demonstrated determined work ethic. A good story and an encouragement to us all. Amen

I think I should quit challenging my gray cells since this morning they are harder to corral than trying to herd cats. I have no idea why people say herding cats, but, it seemed to apply to my situation so I used it. We do greatly appreciate so many who have expressed concern for and offered up prayers on dad's behalf. We have confidence that God will see him and us through this challenging time. I think I will leave it there for today and I'll work on doing better the next time we meet. Take care and may God bless each and every one. Amen. .....more later.

No comments: