Monday, June 19, 2017

“Solitude is fine but you need someone to tell that solitude is fine.” ― Honoré de Balzac

Here we go again with a brand new work week to get hold of, and today we find ourselves with back to work Monday, here on June 19, 2017. I did watch that video of Senator Bernie Sanders persecuting a sub-level nominee because of his known testimony as a believer in Jesus the Christ and the Bible. Senator Sanders' assault on this man was unseemly at best and against the constitution which says people will not be evaluated based on their religious beliefs. He asked the man if believing like he does mean that others like Jews and Muslims are condemned and without hope. (Jesus did say, "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me." John 14:6) My guess is that Senator Sanders would never ask a Muslim if Allah and the associated teachings of the Muslim faith are true to the exclusion of other religious beliefs. It was the fact that this man was a Christian and was unapologetic about his faith that created this hostility and persecution. The man answered by saying he believes all people are created in the image of God and are worthy of dignity and respect. That wasn't good enough for Senator Sanders. He concluded that our nation didn't need people like this believing Christian holding any government office. If you think this to be trivial, I think you might want to think again. The only outrage came from conservative voices. The mainstream was more than happy to see Christianity attacked. 


This will be a challenging week. The wife left me. Again. That's never good news for me. I am more than capable of operating independently, however, it's never my first choice, and usually, things tend to get all balled up before she returns. You know. If history, does, in fact, help predict the future. But, I do hope she and her entourage have a great vacation up in Branson. Meanwhile, back in the real world where the rubber meets the road, we will do our best to persevere. I think I need two lists. One for the things I need to do and one for the things I need not to do. I'll try to fit preparing those lists into my schedule. Maybe I should have them on my To Do list. But, I don't have one of those except for my mental list. That means I will need to make contact with my mental list which is not always available. He too likes to travel. I told you. Life can become complicated when I'm left to my own devices. Whatever that means. 


I am inclined to read things that present themselves to be cleverly composed. I saw a blog where they were presenting their idea of the top ten recent stories that included a pun. They were all pretty good but I chose this one to share as an example. It was submitted by a fellow named Michael. "Two fishermen were in a boat by the lake when one of them stood up to catch a fish in a net. As he scooped up the carp his wallet fell out of his back pocket. As the seemingly doomed billfold started to sink to the lake bottom the carp slipped out of the net and swam after it, re-emerging with it on his nose. However, instead of returning it, he tossed it to one of his fish buddies who balanced it on his nose. More and more of fish-buddies emerged from the water and all of them played this strange game of keep-away with the man's billfold. The first man watched, slack jawed. He said to the other 'Have you ever seen anything like this before?' The second man answered, 'Sure I have. Haven't you heard of carp-to-carp walleting?'" It might take a little thinking to get it and when you do it will not be that great, but, I liked it a little and that's why I shared it. Take care. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: