Tuesday, June 13, 2017

"Laughter is the closest distance between two people." ~ Victor Borge, (1909-2000), Danish and American comedian, conductor, and pianist who achieved great popularity in radio and television in the United States and Europe.

The Dynamic Duo at the Marble Slab.
My wife thinks me waking up in a stupor is quite funny. I told her I had no idea where I was or what was happening for the first few minutes. I told her it's that odd feeling where you touch the mirror trying to push your hair back. Oh well, she seemed to think that it was a round trip to La La Land, but I guess if it gives her something to laugh about, it's okay. It's not as funny when you are dizzy trying to chase your finger with a projectile to get enough blood to test. Thanks for showing up here at the ole blogger ranch on this Tuesday, June 13, 2017. The wife is getting ready to desert me. Again. She, along with a friend from our Church, will be going with her sister and a group from her sister's Church to Branson next week. Both of these sisters, (twins born 18 months apart), may be in their 70's, but they still know how to be giddy and excited about something like an upcoming planned excursion. I suppose part of the fun is getting ready to get ready to go. That's what it sounds like when they are jabbering and laughing each night when they talk to each other. No. I do not think the left behind series were written about me, however, I have considered asking for an honorable mention in one of the chapters. That's a joke. Go ahead and laugh, you might as well join the procession already underway.

Don't be sad for me. That line from the song comes to mind, "Don't cry for me, Argentina." I'm not altogether sure what goes on during those trips they make, but, I do know the wife's nephew was in Branson a couple of weeks ago and he posted how that he had alerted the local police about the upcoming visit of my wife and her entourage. Maybe that is where the saying originated. You know the one I am talking about. What happens in Branson stays in Branson. I just listen and hope for the best. Bottom line, I do hope they have the best time ever. Meanwhile, I need to make myself a list of the chores that I will be working on while she is away. I know that watering the plants is somewhere near the top. My way of writing it would be: No matter what, do not, and I repeat, do not allow those plants to even think about dying. Do make your bed. My way of writing that: Find out exactly what day she is expected back and make sure the bed is made on that day. Do not leave dishes in the sink. My way of writing that: Because of my sensitivity to the environment and controlling water usage, I will do my civic duty by storing up as many dirty dishes as possible. (It does bother me a little when the dishwasher is loaded up but it sounds like it's trying to walk out of the house.) I think most of you know the drill, but, it should be interesting. Very. I will keep you posted.

Don't be too concerned about me. I'm just practicing up on my 'somebody done somebody wrong song.' I do know we live in a society where more and more are into victimhood as a way of life. Some have every reason to feel like a victim. Others, not so much. Me? I'm way out there on the 'not so much' scale. Too blessed to get into that mode, although, any of us can easily be tempted to lean in that direction. I do think the Home Alone motif has served me well in terms of giving me material over the years. And, the good Lord up above knows I've had plenty of opportunities to use it. Sorry. Once I get that B. J. Thomas song going in my head it seems to more or less take over. "It's lonely out tonight And the feelin' just got right for a brand new love song Somebody done somebody wrong song Hey, wontcha play another somebody done somebody wrong song And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby So please play for me a sad melody So sad that it makes everybody cry-why-why-why A real hurtin' song about a love that's gone wrong Cause I don't want to cry all alone Hey, won't ya play another somebody done somebody wrong song And make me feel at home while I miss my baby, while I miss my baby." Please remember our dad as we await some additional testing and our dear Uncle Waymon, a member of the Greatest Generation, who is dealing with health challenges as well. Take care and I'll see what lands the next time I open up the blank electronic page. May God bless. Amen. .....more later.

No comments: