Wednesday, June 21, 2017

God loves us all from the baby in the womb to the eldest living person. It doesn’t matter who or what you are. How do we know that? "The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance." (2nd Peter 3:9) Thoughts adapted from an article @ http://www.courageouschristianfather.com/

I made it to Wednesday and I'm pretty pleased and thankful to have done so on this fine June the 21st, 2017. The wife and I are hooked on the new A and E Series, "Live PD". This show provides live feeds of our police at work in a variety of places, typically six different geographical areas, in real time. No editing, although there are some gruesome things like a horrific accident where they cut away from that particular scene. Here's one thing that is clear from watching this program. Minority citizens are predisposed to be emboldened against the policing authorities regardless of the color or nationality of the officers. Many are outright belligerent, accusing the officers of stopping them only because they are an ethnic minority. Their car was swerving all over the highway as a danger to themselves and others, yet, they are hostile when stopped. I've watched the old cops series for the past twenty plus years. The newer episodes show the same pattern. I believe, and you can call this an opinion if you like, these activist anti-police groups with their hate-filled rhetoric are in large part responsible for these reactions. I do know those few who do abuse their authority as officers of the law need to be discovered and dealt with. However, the level of hostility displayed even in a minor traffic violation tells me this could lead to serious but unwarranted outcomes. (I do think some when I'm watching television. I really do. Just so you know.)

There you have it. A socially responsible observation to get today started. I know. There are plenty of people out there who would call me racist for even noticing something like this troubling trend. Sorry. And, while I would not want to intentionally offend anyone, I do think I am entitled to my own conclusions based on what I am seeing. I even have the constitutionally protected right to be wrong. I've struggled to come up with a way to characterize the times we are living in. The best I have is the word acrimonious. That reflects the angry and bitter mood that seems to permeate our day by day living. In case you are still wondering, some of the features might include rancorous, caustic, acerbic, scathing, sarcastic, acid, harsh, sharp, and cutting. Yep. That also defines the 24-hour news cycle. The question is what to do about it. We need some positives to begin turning the tide. A business acquaintance who immigrated here from Lebanon and became a citizen more than ten years ago said something to me the other day that got my attention. He said, "Whatever happened to putting America, her people, and her interests first, regardless of your political affiliation?" I had no answer for him. What say you?

My sharing of the punch line pun at the end of the little story, "carp to carp walleting", did not go unnoticed. I think the question might be, "How really bad was it?" Pretty bad, my friend, pretty bad. However, in an effort to redeem myself, I thought I would share a few that might bring a smile. ~ “I want to win 10 million in the lottery, just like my dad did!” “Wow, your dad won 10 million in the lottery?!” "No, but he always wanted to.” ~ "Notice on a shoe repair shop: I’ll heel you, I’ll save your sole, I’ll even gladly dye for you." ~ "Why does Peter Pan fly all the time? He Neverlands." ~ "I wanted to tell you a joke about leeches. But I won’t – they all suck." ~ You don't have to tell me. It's time to say goodnight Gracie. Have yourself a wonderful rest of the day. Try not to let these acrimonious times get you down because everyone we complete brings us one day closer to when God will make all things right. All things, period, end of story. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: