Monday, November 14, 2016

Happy 16th to our Lexie!

Hello and welcome to another visit here on this Monday, November 14, 2016. Today we pause to think about our granddaughter Lexie and this being her 16th birthday. One day she is down on the floor playing and the next thing you know, she is standing by the Jeep her parents gave her for her birthday. We first and foremost thank God for this child. Amen. She is an excellent student, a gifted athlete and we so look forward to all God has planned for her life. May God continue to bless our Lexie as she continues her adventure here. Happy Birthday Sweetie from your MiMi and Poppy.

The wife is continuing to deal with the aftermath from a fall that cracked her T-12 vertebrae. It's not been easy. In fact, it has been a rigorous challenge. Taxing. Draining. I'm talking about the toll it is taking on her number one caretaker. Yours truly. Before all of her peeps get all stirred up, let me explain myself. This role reversal stuff is not for the fainthearted. She typically keeps our world somewhat on track. For better or worse, I'm now trying to learn how to juggle. Bottom line, I did sign up for this. Nearly 52 years ago. It is my privilege to do what I can to help her get back on her feet. Yesterday I signed the card our local fellowship is sending to her. I wrote her a note: "Get well soon. P L E A S E!" I am thankful that she is getting better. Slowly, but she is getting better. I do want to say a big thank you to all who have sent flowers, cards, and food. She tells everyone the good news is that I know how to cook. That really does put the pressure on me, but, so far I haven't started any fires. Not yet.

The Twins
I was telling my mom about our grandson, Jimmy Jr., and I cleaning off the roofs of our house. She said she hoped that I was not personally on the roof. I told her I was. She said she didn't think that was a good idea. I mentioned that if dad at 86 can get on top of their roof then surely I at 70 can get on ours. She said she sure hoped I would not be trying to keep up with him. Is that funny or what? I mention that because of the blessing they are to us. Think about it. Mom is 92 and dad is 86 and I end up finding motivation in their example of resilience and fortitude. I will tell you this. It would not be possible to equal their demonstrated stamina and determination. But, they do make good role models. And, as you can tell, I need all the motivational help I can get. I do have some good news. The wife's sister is coming today. You know the one I am talking about. Her twin who was born 18 months ahead of her. The wife is so looking forward to her arrival. I know it will give her a boost. I do appreciate her coming to help during this recovery time. Okay. I think I've finished for today. Enjoy. And, may God add His blessings to our day. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: