Thursday, November 10, 2016

A little of this, a little of that, and a whole lot of the other.

Good morning and welcome to Thursday, November 10, 2016. We all have heard many different opinions as to why Hillary lost. Some of the rationale has been very demeaning. It seems the majority of so-called Democrat experts theorize her loss was due to mostly white, uneducated, disaffected men with some white women thrown into the mix for good measure. One prominent Democratic pundit described it as a 'White-lash' more than a 'backlash'. They think while she threw out a lot of policies, she never was able to connect to the common person's pain. On Wednesday morning I did watch a replay of Trump's speech after the race was called and confirmed and I thought it was both conciliatory and presidential. No gloating. No bombast. Let's hope this divided nation can come together for the good of us all. I did hear something that was kind of funny. The place where Hillary was scheduled to make her victory speech began to know something had gone awry when her team called and canceled the fireworks. Uh oh. That caused me to create a new meme. Instead of it not being over until the fat lady sings, it is now not over until the fireworks are canceled. A little levity to help lighten the mood for today.

In my continuing series, Close Encounters of the Worst Kind, this past Wednesday, in the wee hours of the morning, I had another huge deer come from out of nowhere and he/she ran right in front of my grill. It is not a place where I usually see deer so it caught me off guard. Let me make it clear, I did not miss the deer. The deer missed me because I promise, at the time it all happened I couldn't do one single thing about it. I'm not certain what flashed through my mind but I did get a close-up view of the side and belly of a big deer as it flashed before my very eyes. Speaking of that, I heard a commercial for a brand new series on radio, (from the 1940's) and the promotion went something like this. "A thrilling new adventure involving intrigue and espionage is coming soon. Excitement unfolding before your very ears." I don't think I had ever heard that one before. Okay. Settle down. Yes. I do realize it was radio, not television. It just sounded neat to me. "Before your very ears." I wonder if that deer heard my loud gasp before its very ears? Quickly followed by a prayer of thanksgiving. Whew! Another near miss.

This past Sunday marked the actual start date culminating in my 10th year of being a part of the Company where I work. These folks have been very good to me and I am thankful to God for them and the good long run He has given to us. Believe it or not, I very much still enjoy getting up and coming in each day. I know I've contributed some along the way and I appreciate being able to do so. I hear so many people complaining about their job. While I know complaining about stuff like our jobs is part of the fabric of our society, I think embracing the opportunity is a much better approach. This doesn't mean that every day that I have showed up here has been a winning or great day. However, on balance, it has been an enjoyable and rewarding experience. I've been around long enough to know you can't do much better than that. I always send a note to our owner thanking him for giving me a shot back in November of 2006. I never imagined that ten years later I would still be sending a note of thankfulness. I am well aware of the old adage that says all good things must come to an end. Until that becomes a reality for me here, I will continue to do my best to do what I can to help our enterprise to succeed. With that, I end today's edition by wishing everyone a very happy day and to remind us all to remember to thank God for His provisions. Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: