Monday, November 2, 2015

Example: Comrade Rudolph arguing with his wife and she says, "I'm telling you for the last time it's not rain, it's snow." To which Rudolph replies, "Rudolph the Red knows rain, dear!"

It's Monday, and it's November, and it's already the 2nd day, and it's all happening in the year of 2015. I'm already thinking about Thanksgiving Day and our desire to have as many of our family together as we can. Meanwhile, I told you I would try to lighten up a little. I suppose if anyone should feel like they are not treated with the right amount of respect and dignity, it would be Santa Claus. Since I am closely affiliated with his legacy I do take somewhat personally the little slights, jokes, and other attempts at humor that use him as their prop. It's okay for you to laugh but be aware there are some of us who may not be laughing with you. Just because the current version of this lovable character is primarily mythical, that doesn't mean there are not those who are sensitive to having fun poked at him. One would think Congress would have done something to protect us from this onslaught of political incorrectness, insensitive comments, and outrageous depictions. As far as I know there are no hot lines to call to report these abuses. But, a word of warning here, one should think long and hard when devising a comedic insult against the keeper of the lists. Not a threat, just a reminder to one and all.

I did watch some of the opening game of this year's edition of the world series. However, it was a regular night game and I typically do not stay up that late. Fourteen innings. I did check the score the next morning. We do have the DVR recording feature. It does record a number of different programs. I'm trying to remember if we've ever watched a program that we recorded so that we wouldn't miss it. Maybe we have. I think our middle son helped his mom set that up. I see the light on when it's recording. I'm not sure I know much more about it than that. Our remote still mostly works. It's perhaps the most used electrical component around our place and ours is showing its age and some disabilities. Certain functions no longer operate. Don't worry. We may not be able to figure out how to play a DVR recording but we can find a workaround for the TV remote. It's that critical. And, the good news is how you can still rotate through all the channels. That part still works. I know. They sell new ones. I could get a replacement. I'm loathe to introduce another variable into the equation at this time. If I sit a certain way and tilt my arm when pointing to a specific targeted area it might just get me to my intended destination. I will tell you this. I can't think of anything more painful than watching the wife use the remote. It's worse than someone dragging the shovel over the concrete driveway. In both scenarios the hair on the back of my neck ends up standing straight up. I suppose we all need a little tension in our lives.

You do know that I am just playing around. Not with the facts. They are what they are. Just maybe in how I describe them. What's that? You think maybe I went overboard on the lightening up? No doubt. Tomorrow I'll likely return to my fair and balanced interpretation of the happenings that make up the 24 hour cycle of life. Here's a final little ditty to finish up this throw away blog. ~ "Just before Christmas, an honest politician, a generous lawyer and Santa Claus all got into the elevator at the Ritz Hotel. As the elevator traveled from the 5th floor down to the ground level, one-by-one they noticed a $50 bill laying on the elevator floor. Which one picked up the $50 bill and handed it in at the front desk? Santa of course, the other two don't actually exist!" ~ (Adapted from a submission to a forum from a fellow named John Bains.) I seem to recall using that one before but it was still funny again to me and some days that's the best I can do. That should do it for today. I do hope that maybe you were able to smile at least one time. I actually did when I put this together. Have a wonderful first Monday of November and may we all be found seeking God and His provision today. Amen.  .....More later.

No comments: