Wednesday, November 18, 2015

"Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you’re in it, but the longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get." (unknown author)

Hello and welcome. Good to see you today. Come on in and let's see if we can straighten out the world here on this Wednesday, November 18, 2015. You do know I'm kidding about that one. We don't have time to tackle something like that. I sometimes think I have been at this working game for a long time. I started working for real in the summers for my uncle in Florida beginning at age 14. Pretty much been at it ever since then. However, I was reading the obituary of a lady over in the neck of the woods where I come from in Louisiana and she actually worked for 60 years as a nurse. She retired a couple of times but kept on working. She ended her time in nursing working with kids in a couple of different schools. That's pretty impressive to me. She no doubt was able to help a huge number of people during that long run. I did read about a Wal-Mart employee who turned 103 this year. He has more than 30 years with the big box store, working as a greeter and in running a register at the check out. He has an 80 year old son. And, here's the kicker. The Kansas native has no plans of retiring anytime soon. Let me revise my opening comments. I'm just a Johnny-come-lately compared to these folks and I take my hat off to them. These and likely many others like them are an inspiration to us all.

I don't think many people enjoy other folks making fun of their physical appearance. Recently Carly Fiorina, the lady running for the republican nomination for president was ridiculed by the liberal empty heads on the show called The View. (These are the same people who vilified the nursing profession.) It's obvious, as die hard liberals, they do not care for any of Fiorina's conservative viewpoints. That's not what they criticized. They took a shot at her face. They said her face looked demented. These are supposed to be the poster bearers for modern day feminism. When they were challenged by others in the media they responded by saying Ms. Fiorina should thank them for giving her the coverage their comments got for her. She went on their program. She took them head on about their remarks about her physical appearance. Their response was classic. They said they were just comedians. They said she should know that comedic comments are something you have to deal with. They went on to say they have made jokes about Hillary Clinton's pantsuits. Pantsuits? That would be the same as indicating someone's face is distorted and ugly. Right? I hope we are not that stupid folks. People are putting up actual candid images of Ms. Clinton all the time that are extremely unflattering. Funny how they have not found anything comedic to say about her face. (Disclaimer: I've never watched their program but I did read these accounts as covered by multiple news sources.)

I'm not trying to bore you with all the mudslinging flying here, there, and everywhere on the campaign trail. Just trying to make the point about self proclaimed elite empty heads showing off their empty-headedness. Or something like that. On the other hand we do need humor in our world to help us along life's way. I recently read this little ditty about a situation that Will Rogers, the great humorist, found himself in. ~  When Will Rogers was being taken to the White House to meet President Calvin Coolidge, he was cautioned not to try to be funny because the President had no sense of humor. The undaunted Rogers bet that he could have Coolidge laughing within 20 seconds. When the formal introduction was made, "Mr. President, may I introduce my friend, Mr. Will Rogers," Rogers held out his hand with a questioning look and said, "Pardon me, I didn't quite get the name." Coolidge roared with laughter, and Rogers won the wager. ~ Maybe those comedian ladies on The View should thank me for the increased attention they will get from me having written about them. Maybe not. I better go and try to re-group in search of something better for tomorrow. You know. Sing along with me: "Tomorrow! Tomorrow! I love ya  Tomorrow! You're always A day A way!" One would hope. Take care. And, may God add His blessings to your day. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: