Friday, November 13, 2015

Happy 15th Birthday to our Lexie Dee!

Hello and welcome to Friday, November 13, 2015. Tomorrow is a special day for us because we will be thinking about our sweet Lexie on her 15th birthday. This child is our baby boy Rodney and wife Mitzi's middle child. She is a special young lady and we thank God for her and the talents and abilities He has given to her. She is a fierce competitor on the volley ball court, an excellent student who takes her studies seriously, and she carries a beautiful smile and winsome personality with her. May God continue to bless and keep our Lexie is our prayer. Amen. Happy Birthday from MiMi and Poppy.

Seeing our little ones become bigger ones is how it should be but it doesn't make it any easier for sentimental old grandparents. I plead guilty in the premeditated first degree. I do believe I've developed an allergic reaction because when I look at a photo like that one of Lexie my eyes begin to water. But, we have to do our best to suck it up and get on with the stuff we need to get done. Right? Right. Life moves on. I thought about the story of the little boy who had a need. He wanted $50 very badly and prayed for weeks but nothing happened. Finally he decided to write God a letter formally requesting the $50. When the postal authorities received the letter addressed to God they decided to forward it to a high government official as a joke. The official was so amused he instructed his secretary to send the little boy $20. He thought this $20 would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy, and he did not want to spoil the kid. The little boy was delighted with the $20 and decided to write a thank you note to God, which read: "Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that you sent it through a government office and those donkeys deducted $30, I suppose as a tax ....... " See what I mean? Some things never change.

The wife is due back today. I'm trying to remember what I didn't remember to do before she gets to the house. Maybe I should have left the Bible open to a passage about forgiveness. You do know that I am joking. Not about the forgiveness. I need that all the time. It has been a whirlwind week for me. Or, maybe that's just the way I see it. It could be that I've slowed down so much everything else seems to be accelerating all around me. Or maybe I'm accelerating and the rest is slowed down. It could be one or the other. Or, it might not be either because I'm not always clear on what's going on around me. You know. Last to know and all of that. I don't always mind being the last to know. But, it typically has to do with what it is. I will tell you this. I have enjoyed our brief visits this week and I do thank you for coming along for the blurry ride. I do hope you have a wonderful Saturday and a great Lord's Day Sunday. I will do my best to show up come next Monday morning and we will all find out what comes tumbling out. Lord willing. Of course. Take care. May God bless. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: