Tuesday, June 30, 2015

But Jesus said, "Let the children alone, and do not hinder them from coming to Me; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." Matthew 19:14, New American Standard Bible (NASB)

Here we go again. Round and round it spins and where it will stop, well, I suppose if I don't know then we all are in trouble. Thanks for tuning in for today's edition on this Tuesday, last day of June, the 30th, in the year of our Lord, 2015. Our local fellowship had a wonderful vacation Bible school last week. The kids had a great time. They also learned this truth as their theme: God's Plan 4 You is Jesus. Our grandson goes to a different Church but he was able to participate in our Bible school. He had a great time. And, according to everything I heard he was very well behaved throughout the week. Who said the age of miracles had ceased? The photo shows our Alexander Benjamin, 9, with one of the crafts he made during the week. It's a bookmark. He decorated it but the base was cut out and prepared by my 91 year old mother. She was very pleased to know they had been put to good use. Being a proud great grandmother to Alex she mentioned that she guessed his was probably the best one coming out of the week. Sounds like something his Poppy may have said. In fact, she is probably on target with her assessment especially since we didn't look at any of the others. You do know what I'm talking about. Right? You do. I know you do. We were the parents that thought the entire band was out of step except for our kid. That was us. Bingo!

I've already gotten my tests results back from my annual physical. That was fast. It usually takes a week. Maybe it was a slow week at the lab. Six testing panels. Everything actually came out okay. The A1C is more or less the litmus for a diabetic. It is able to report blood glucose levels over the past 3 months. My doctor's target for my A1C is anything under a 7. Over the years I have wobbled forth and back getting it down to a 6.2 and reporting a high of 6.8. This time it came out a 6.7 but I know I can do better. Yep. The ten pounds is back on the front burner. Now I can at least breathe a sigh of relief until my next routine check up which comes every 3 months. Sometimes my actions leading up to my doctor's visit are not necessarily in sync with what I would like to see as an outcome. It's like the old preacher used to say. People plant some very wild seeds and then wring their hands while praying for crop failure. I had a particularly high number the other morning and the wife expressed concern while at the same time she began naming the unauthorized foods we had eaten the day before. How could I argue with her rationale? I thought about denying both the allegation as well as the alligator but it didn't seem to be a prudent response at the time. Whoever came up with that moniker of WIP (work in progress) certainly had me pegged.

I don't consider myself to be self absorbed but it does come with the package that we all got as a part of being a race participant, as in the human race. And, when I write my daily blogs I mostly am giving it to you from my viewpoint. I know that you are aware of my title, The View From Here. What you might not know is that when I started I had a different name, The View From My Pew. Same concept but early on I decided that title could limit my survey of the endless array of topics out there, therefore, I made the change. My point is, if I have one, we all make our way through life weighing and interpreting the things we encounter, those we have to deal with, and those that shape our thoughts and ideas. In my first ever blog I quoted the famous wordsmith, none other than Yogi Berra in his astute comment, "You can observe a lot by just watching." We all are observers. We all are interpreters. We all come to our conclusions. I've chosen to share some of mine. Not all. Some. I'm glad I cleared this up again for the first time. Just joking. Here's the deal: We have today to work on. Tomorrow may or may not come. We never know. But we have the opportunities God has given us today. So let's make it the best Today that we can. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: