Tuesday, June 23, 2015

"The Earth, our home, is beginning to look more and more like an immense pile of filth," Pope Francis said. "In many parts of the planet, the elderly lament that once beautiful landscapes are now covered with rubbish."

Good Tuesday morning to everyone joining us via whatever electronic means happens to float your boat. I checked. I am coming to you live and in person and it is all happening here on this June 23, 2015. You may have heard how the Pope has come out with a strong statement on climate science. He pretty much has joined himself to those who believe people on the planet are busy destroying the planet. He postures how the rich are using this destruction to further enslave the poor. You would not believe the glee with which this leaked document has been received by the sky is falling crowd. The libs are elated with the Pope's statement. The news media outlets are falling all over themselves. I hate to rain on their reporting, their happiness, their joy. They actually have failed to present the common foundation for this man's view of things. That is, a respect for life itself. He clearly says that abortion is a part of the destruction of life itself and it is connected to what he sees as a key major component of the problem. Not one of the liberal outlets mentioned this. Not one. All they trumpeted was how the Pope was on their side regarding climate science. Nothing about his clear tying it to respect for life including the unborn. The Pope also reiterates his belief that birth control is against God's will. None of these things made the 'falling all over themselves' reporting. Why? I'll let you answer that one for yourself. Again, this is just me, your faithful reporter. I observe and report then I decide and that's what I hope you will do also.

Here's my problem. At one time there was a belief that tuning into something called news reporting would provide one with the facts. All the pertinent facts. If the fundamental underpinning of the Pope's encyclical on climate science is a God ordained respect for life including the life of the unborn, how in the world can you portray yourself as a respected news organization and not report this fact? It is not a side issue. I am not an expert, therefore, I may not be able to comment on the scientific items covered in the report, but, anyone can see how excluding the major respect for life theme would be to distort the findings. Some think they have a news source they can count on. Give me a break! I know some people who watch nothing but Fox News. They believe this is where you get all the facts. "We report, you decide." Let me let you in on a little secret. They are first and foremost a business. They are selling a product. They present and package the product they sell in a certain way. That's why I am not a regular viewer because I see their bias just like I see the bias of their liberal competitors. That doesn't make me smarter than anyone else. It just makes me aware. And, I do believe this stuff matters. This stuff matters folks. It really does!

We often here this quote, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." The actual quote was originated by William Congreve in the early 1700's, "Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd / Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd." I thought of this when I recently read a tragic account in the Houston Chronicle. A woman spotted her husband with his girlfriend. She borrowed a car and chased them. She sideswiped their car doing minor damage. In the process she lost control of her car and veered into traffic where a vehicle hit her head on killing her instantly and seriously injuring the driver of the other car. Road rage connected to spurned love is obviously a deadly combination. The only reason I shared that is because of the quote. It would be a sad tale, no matter what, but that was the reason I used it. No. I am not typically sitting around waiting for something to happen that fits a particular saying. Life itself does that for us. I just happened to notice it. Nothing more. Nothing less. Since I can't come up with anything else to pontificate about, I will say so long for now. What? Did I use pontificate because I had written about the Pope? Could be. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: