Monday, June 8, 2015

We need more 'good' busy in our lives!

Great Grand MiMi with our Madi girl!
It's Monday, June 8, 2015. Welcome back. We had an old fashioned work day at our home place on Saturday. Our boys came and helped complete some projects that needed to be done. We sure appreciate their willingness to help out. We had our little Madi great grand for the weekend. Did you ever hear me tell you how that girl is something else. You did, huh? Well, she is. Just in case you missed it. Keeping up with her for three days means her MiMi can get her exercise card punched for a whole week. We loved every minute of it. We did our regular thing on Sunday morning at the gathering place where we and other like minded believers meet to worship God and study His Word. On Sunday afternoon we had a big Church wide picnic. Three hours of fun and fellowship. What's that you say? Did I come to work to rest up? Not really, however, it sometimes seems to work out that way. There are times when we are over scheduled and we meet ourselves coming forth and back. It can be frustrating. There are other times when I like to call it a 'good' busy. We need some good busy times where we come out being thankful for being able to participate and enjoy. And I'll add a hearty Amen to that one!

Okay. I have decided to make a public confession. I am human. That's right. Back when I had a staff of 150, those people were always looking for and hoping for a slight misstep on my part. They got a big kick out of seeing me make a mistake now and then. I did my very best to not let that happen and even when it did I was not typically forthcoming in sharing my own foibles. Here's how this most recent one came down. Last Friday morning I looked at the clock on my nightstand and it read 2:15 a.m. It was duly noted and I said to myself: "Self, you can go back to sleep for 1 hour and 15 minutes." Next thing I know I rolled over and looked at that time keeper and it was now 4:07 a.m. What? Are you kidding me? I missed my internal 3:30 a.m. wake up call. (I detected a smirk on the face of that clock.) While I wasn't officially late I certainly was late on my own schedule. Okay. I admit it. It happens. Even to me. When I kissed the wife goodbye she obviously had figured out what had happened and so she added this encouragement, "Running a little late, aren't you?" When she said it she sounded just like the 150, but, alas, the truth is now known. I am only human but that doesn't mean I'm happy about what happened. I will be dealing with my internal clock mechanism. It has some splainin to do!

For those who might mistake that little story as being serious, please don't. It is true but it is certainly not anything serious. And, as you can tell, it hardly even bothers me, bothers me, bothers me. Hey, it is Monday, after all, and you do know that I make this stuff up as I go. Right? Our Bible study on Sunday mornings has been on a journey to examine the role and responsibility each of us have as a member of a local called out New Testament fellowship of believers. (An assembly or Church) It has been very grueling as well as convicting and enlightening. One fellow ended our time in prayer after one lesson by saying this, "Lord, thank You for allowing us to come here today to be chewed out." He came up to me and told me he wasn't being mean when he said that. I told him I knew exactly what he meant because we had used God's Word and it had spoken to us. When God speaks it examines the one reading or hearing. I had felt that same conviction he expressed in his prayer. I don't want to reach a time when I am not moved at all when God has something to say to me. Okay. Time to move on. Have a great Monday and may God bless us all is my prayer. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: