Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"The result is accelerated movement in the direction of a post-American world in which a growing number of decisions are made and actions taken with reduced regard for U.S. preferences and interests. Such a world promises to be messier and less supportive of American interests." Richard N. Haas, President, Council on Foreign Relations

Good morning and welcome to this portion where time and space are both used up and shared, in a manner of speaking. Or something like that. It is Wednesday, May 21, 2014, and I've taken a seat in my Monday morning quarterback chair to look at an area of political happenings where my gut told me, "I could have guessed this to be the outcome." I'm talking about way back when this President decided to no longer launch our own spaceships as a way of saving budget dollars he wanted to spend on other projects. To replace our autonomy in this area he consigned our nation to being dependent upon others, primarily Russia, for getting our astronauts to and from the Space Station. I'm not into I told you so on this one but I want everyone to know that the very day when we did this it put a knot in my belly. (I wrote blogs about this back in 2011.) Okay. Cut to the chase. Today we have the Soviets on the move. They are up to their old habits and we are mostly making noise about it but as a result they are threatening to cut off our access to launch capabilities. Why in heaven's name would the United States of America ever, and I do mean ever, put our men and women in jeopardy by becoming dependent on a totalitarian regime for support services? If someone uninformed as I am could see this coming, then how in the world did the supposed geniuses who run our government not know this could happen? Think about it. You should. We all should. What a mess folks. What a mess!

Last Saturday I went to see our niece play basketball in a club tournament here in our area. She is a small town Louisiana high school freshman or should that be fresh-person, and she has potential for college basketball, thus, she is doing double duty by playing for her school and in doing club ball. Her club is from deep in the heart of Cajun country, therefore, she is like a transplant from a different world, just 100 miles away. They loaded up and came to Texas looking to hone their skills. I'm guessing that the last live girl's basketball game I saw was back when I was in high school. That's when they played half court style. Many of the girls from that era looked more like beauty queens than athletes. (Sorry, but the recollections of a 16 year old boy might be somewhat tainted.) At any rate, they now play full court, full contact, and full slam, bam, thank you mam! The game I saw last Saturday looked more like a roller derby match. The Texas team they drew came ready for a street brawl. Not dirty. Just hard nosed aggressive get in there and take the ball away basketball. It was quite a display and it sure was different from my younger age recollection. In fact, they could have used a boxing scorer to keep up with the number of punches landed. I suppose the good news is how that everyone learned something, including me. Isn't that what they always say?

You don't have to write me and tell me that I am a throw back. I plead guilty by origination, association, and any other connections that might apply. It's not that I am opposed to much that truly supports equality but to me there's a large portion of the political correctness stuff that mostly makes you want to throw up. The craziness that attempts to wipe out any and all differences between male and female, well, to me, it's not only foolish but it's also demeaning to all involved. Here's the deal. Whatever is done should be pursued with the Creator's vision in mind. Or, that's the way I see it. If God is who He has revealed Himself to be, and He is, then His plans and purposes for all people is best, period, end of story. I know. That's considered un-enlightened, backward, and archaic. That might just be a pretty decent description of yours truly. Or a facsimile thereof. We all are entitled to our views. Right? Well, that's the way it used to be. Take care and may that same Creator God provide for each one as we seek to serve Him. Amen. ...More later.

No comments: