Monday, May 26, 2014

"The patriot’s blood is the seed of Freedom’s tree." ~ Thomas Campbell, Scottish Poet, (1877-1844)

Welcome back. It's another one of those most dreaded days of the week, Monday, and this one happens to fall on May 26, 2014. They are usually not dreaded by me. I suppose I deduce that if you are able to get up, able to get your stuff together, and able to go, well, you have something, not to dread, but to be thankful for. That's how I see it. But this particular Monday is very special indeed. It's a national holiday where we pause to recognize and pay homage to the memory of those of our military services who have given their lives for the cause of liberty around the world. Memorial Day. I remember some by name who paid the ultimate price. I thank God for their sacrifice. That cartoon well speaks to what our freedoms are all about. We are free to enjoy a barbecue cookout or travel to visit friends or family. We are also aware of the fact that these freedoms did not come without a cost. So, whatever you happen to be doing today to enjoy our freedoms I suggest that we all take a moment, perhaps a brief time out, to remember and thank our God for His provisions and for those who have shed their blood for the cause of liberty. Amen.

No comments: