Thursday, May 8, 2014

"Instead of fretting about getting everything done, why not simply accept that being alive means having things to do? Then drop into full engagement with whatever you're doing, and let the worry go." ~ Martha Beck, Life Coach

Hello and welcome to our little slice of life here on this Thursday, May 8, 2014. I know we are only getting started but just as a preview I noticed Sunday afternoon how the grass appeared to be weeping a little. We are already getting some of those heat wavy thingies floating over the fruited plains, if you know what I mean. But, not to fear, the wife has those sprinklers going like there's no tomorrow. I think I noticed a big huge grin on the face of one of the water workers when I passed by. He must be thinking about summer usage rates and bonuses. Maybe he just had gas. Maybe I don't have a clue. I do hope everyone who has been licking their chops in anticipation of hot weather are happy now. I almost thought I saw the electric meter wink at me when I walked by. He's already working out for his big summer marathon that will not end until maybe October or November. I know. I need to take a few deep breaths and try to regain my composure. That didn't work. Maybe I could qualify for a best fretter competition. Or maybe not.

Last Saturday morning I arrived early at the state park over near Jasper, Texas where we had our family gathering. I needed to pick up the key to the pavilion we had secured for our big day. I was there at 7:45 a.m. Two people were ahead of me. They were both scout leaders. One was from Katy, Texas and the other was from Bellaire, Texas. They were shooting the breeze about all the challenges in acclimating boys who have never camped before. The ranger station was supposed to open at 8 a.m. We could see the lady inside. At exactly 8 a.m. she began to begin to try and get the computer up and going. We stood there. She worked on this for 15 minutes. Finally they got around to unlocking the door. I knew my wife, my son, and my step brother were all over at the pavilion waiting on me. The two scout leaders began the process of registering their groups, renting canoes, and getting passes for all their vehicles. The process was like watching paint dry. I thought I was stuck in a slow motion replay. Why was I so frustrated? Because we don't even think about how fast we live and when we are confronted with folks who aren't trying to squeeze a half second for all it's worth, well, it makes us a little nervous. She didn't seem to mind that I was in a hurry. And, after I thought about it for a while, why should she?

Okay. I continue to be amazed at the 'group speak' 'lock step' mentality of some of the folks that lay claim on being the smartest among us. I read last week about a scientist who is being punished by the leftist community. He has been on his knees and is doing everything he can to somehow get re-accepted back into the fold. He had not said anything wayward or gone off the plantation but he had done something that was unforgivable to his enlightened peers. He had the audacity to be a part of a panel interview program on Fox News. That's enough to lose your privileges within the so called elite world. Forget any and all of the freedoms they supposedly herald. The only thing that counts within their world is that everyone do exactly what the program dictates. Period. Crazy stuff happening here in this old world folks, crazy indeed! And, I thought they were the ones promoting themselves to be the champions of tolerance. Oh well, time to say so long for now. Y'all take care and may God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: