Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Happy Birthday to a Woman of Distinction!

Good morning and I welcome you to a day of celebration as I consider how blessed I am on this Wednesday, April 23, 2014. To treasure something or someone means that we cherish, we value, we highly esteem, we prize and hold dear the object of our affection. That's what I am thinking about as I pause to honor the wife that God has given to me, on this, the anniversary of her birth. We've been playing this birthday game with each other for over 50 years and what a journey it has been! Granted, it has not all been a bed of roses but we have been supported by our love for each other and our commitment to seek God and His provision for us and our family. The one thing I want everyone to know about her is the fact that she is the real deal. Not perfect, but what you see is what you get. She is a wife, mother, believer sold out to her Savior, a singer for the Lord, a friend and a servant. I feel honored to be her husband and realize that she is my treasure and I thank God for her. May God bless you sweetheart on your special day. Amen.

Speaking of family, we also are thinking about our youngest, Rodney and his sweet wife Mitzi as they celebrate their 15th wedding anniversary today. We thank God for His blessings on their time together as husband and wife. We thank God for the children they have poured their lives into, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady. We offer up a prayer that God will continue to bless, lead, guide, and direct them as a couple. You guys have made us proud and we are thankful to be your parents. May God add His blessings to your special celebration of this significant milestone. Amen. Love, mom and dad

I don't apologize for sharing my family with you, my blogosphere family, because it is who I am. When I talk about being blessed by the Lord, my family is a major part of how He has worked in my life. I've not always been the person God wants me to be but He somehow and in someway has provided for us. We are no different than any other family. We have had in the past our challenges and we live with challenges today. Since I know personally many of the people who receive my blog each day, I am aware that we share this common human experience as well as our common bond that makes us brothers and sisters in Christ. That relationship with Him makes it possible for us to recognize how that every good gift, including our family, comes from Him. On Monday afternoon I came in after a long day and there to greet me was our great and grand Madi Girl. Talk about a sight for sore eyes. As I loved on her I also loved on all those God had given into our care over the years. Yep. Not a big deal to the world in general, but I'm unashamed to openly thank God for His blessings both small (a strawberry blonde 4 year old), and great. Now, get out there and lets make the best of the life He has given to us! Today! Amen.   ...More later.

No comments: