Friday, April 4, 2014

Happy Birthday to our Tiffany!

Good morning and welcome. It's Friday, April 4, 2014 and I am off and running. Where to? To heaven eventually, but for now, it's to whatever this day provides. Tomorrow we will be pausing to recognize and remember our eldest granddaughter's birthday. Tiffany will be 26. That's hard to process but it's not hard to remember when she came on the scene. Our entire world changed. As if we needed a reminder, she has a little look-alike clone, our Madi girl, running around doing reruns from twenty plus years ago. I look at Tiff's dad, our Chris, and see how absolutely consumed he is with Madi. Yep. It's true folks. The more things change, the more they stay the same. I well remember the day when some ladies came into my big office at the big company. My office was literally plastered with portraits and photos of our Tiffany. These ladies told me they had been thinking and they were wondering how difficult it would be for them to be adopted as my granddaughters. So many memories. Today we thank God for Tiffany as we continue to seek God's best for her each day. Have a great birthday Sweetie. Love, MiMi and Poppy.

Goats on the clock.
I'm glad I know where I hail from. You never heard it said like that? Look it up. I am a Louisiana boy. I was born in the little town of Many. (Pronounced MAN-y, not like the word many that comes out sounding like miny.) It's located in Sabine Parish. That's right. The French connection. Parishes not counties. I was born there but raised up some 18.7 miles south in the little town of Hornbeck, located in Vernon Parish. I'm proud of my Southern heritage upbringing. Even though I have been gone for forty five years, I still try to keep up. I read the local papers on the internet and keep up with deaths and my mom lets me know about prayer requests. I'm glad my birthplace is being innovative. Here's a recent headline: "Town of Many Becomes First Town In Louisiana To Hire Goats." Here's some excerpts from the accompanying article: "More than 40 goats showed up in Many, Louisiana in a single filed line, ready to work." The project manager had this to say, "They can clean up where humans can't easily go." And the mayor chimed in, "When I considered the fact of what it would cost for a crew of four men to go out there and clean those fence rows compared to what the 40 goats costs, I was sold." Pretty impressive don't you think? I believe they have one of the lowest unemployment rates for goats in the nation. To think I was actually born in that there place, so many years ago!

The good news is that when the goats retire there's always a resting place for them. Excuse me. I meant a roasting place. As in barbecue. Please do not call the animal rights people and turn me in. It was my feeble attempt at making a joke. Near misses are a big part of what I do here. But it is time to do a wrap here at the ole blogger ranch for this week. One last attempt before we say so long for now: ~The devout cowboy lost his favorite Bible while he was mending fences out on the range. Three weeks later a goat walked up to him carrying the Bible in its mouth. The cowboy couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the goat's mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed, "It's a miracle!" "Not really," said the goat. "Your name is written inside the cover."~ I know. I've used that one before but it did seem to fit. Have yourself a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday and I will do my very best to catch back up with you come next Monday. Lord willing of course. May God bless us one and all. Amen.  ...More later.

No comments: