Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"Through centuries of struggle, Jews across the world have been witnesses not only against the crimes of men, but for faith in God, and God alone. Theirs is a story of defiance in oppression and patience in tribulation — reaching back to the exodus and their exile into the diaspora. That story continued in the founding of the State of Israel. The story continues in the defense of the State of Israel." President George W. Bush, April 19, 2001

I may lose a few readers along the way since everyone still has the right to choose what they read. However, I'm thankful that if I can accidentally land on one of my own blogs and it ended up giving me a lift, well, that might just happen to someone else along life's way. That alone helps encourage me to keep on doing what I do. But I digress. I'm trying to remember when it was that I began to digress. In fact, getting the word digressing into the title of my daily dialogue may have been more appropriate and if I were to somehow be able to include distressing and digressing, then that may have been the meal ticket. Just playing around. Hello and welcome to Tuesday, March 4, 2014. I read a comment the other day from a former Israeli government official that stopped me in my tracks. He said the major difference between this current US administration and in particular this President is the fact that there is no spiritual connection to Israel like that which has typically characterized the relationship. I couldn't get that off of my mind. No spiritual connection. I thought about all those sermons over a 20 year period that Barack Obama heard where his pastor espoused hatred for the Jews and their influence. I thought about how that one's worldview is completely altered if the Word of God, the Bible, is not used to clearly depict reality. No spiritual connection. That's pretty scary folks. Pretty scary indeed. It may, however, be one of the pieces of the end times puzzle as we see THAT DAY approaching. Amen.

Let me be clear. I did not recently receive my prophetic commissioning license in the mail. I do not claim to be one nor am I the son of one. However, you, me, and everyone else should be able to see these very obvious things that are moving us in the direction as given to us in The Scriptures. I know. People have been saying things like that for years. Just about 2,000 years to be precise. This doesn't change the fact that one day the very things being seen will trigger the next phase of God's final plan for His created human family. It took a long time before the United States of America ever voted against Israel in a vote taken in the United Nations. But that day did come and has now been repeated several times since. We see as world opinion galvanizes against this most tiny of nations, well, the Bible does say there will come a day when the entire world will surround and come against His chosen people. I'm no date setter and I am thankful that He has not yet ushered in the awesome judgments that await an unbelieving world. Why? As the Apostle Peter said, "The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance." (2nd Peter 3:9) This means He is still holding off because of His love, mercy, and grace. Amen.


Full disclosure requires that I tell you that I am currently teaching through The Book of the Revelation of Jesus Christ. We are just about half way at this juncture. Maybe this has impacted my worldview? You think? It no doubt has and it no doubt should since it is the truth as breathed out by God the Holy Spirit. One of the things we are learning is that while we can become distressed when we look around at all the things going on, the greater truth says that as believers we should always be looking up for our Great God is in control and His Day of victory and vindication is assured. Amen. My main point? Be ready. How? Don't delay in turning from your sinful way of life and turning to and calling on Jesus to save you. If you do that, He will save you and give you eternal life which means regardless of what happens here, you will live with Him forever and ever, Amen. How simple is it to trust in the Lord? "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." (Romans 10:9) His promise. Not mine. Have a great day and may God bless each one. Amen.    ...More later.

No comments: