Friday, March 14, 2014

Happy Birthday to our Kyleigh!

Rodeo Girl!
Welcome once again to our daily get together. You might be better off if you've had at least one cup before you tackle whatever it is that follows this greeting or warning as the case may be. Joking only. It's Friday, March 14, 2014, and I bid one and all a hearty hello from here at the heartland blogger ranch. We always feel good about a shout out to our grand kids. This Sunday will be our Kyleigh's 19th Birthday. She is a college girl who gets her spring break and her birthday all in the same week. (Almost. I am aware that Sunday is the beginning of a new week but I think you get what I was trying to convey.) Kyleigh is the eldest of our youngest son Rodney and his wife Mitzi. She dearly loves friends, family, and I believe shopping would be in there somewhere as well. We look at her and see so much potential and we do pray that God will continue to lead, guide, guard, and protect her life. Have a great one Kyleigh! Love, MiMi and Poppy

You might as well. Laugh that is. In this case, a confession is in order: "My name is Yours Truly and I am a diabetic." I am not alone. Millions of other folks have the same problem. It's truly one of the run away diseases that mark our times. You may have to look long and hard to find something humorous, but they are out there: ~ An anxious woman diabetic called in and told the nurse that she thought she had taken in too much sugar that day. The nurse asked if she was lightheaded. She irritatedly responded saying absolutely not, she was a brunette. ~ One fellow walked into a bakery shop and asked the baker what he had that was safe for a diabetic. The baker informed him that he could purchase anything he wanted but he didn't advise him putting any of it into his mouth. ~ If life gives you lemons make some lemonade. If life gives you diabetes, don't make lemonade. ~ I know these are lame but they are not that easy to find. Most internet sites tease with a promise of a funny joke about diabetes but then give you this warning: "There's really nothing funny about diabetes. Period." I've pretty much learned that one on my own. Give me some credit for trying.

We conclude another week and I don't think anyone can say we haven't touched on our fair share of subjects. My wife often sends me an email asking where in the world do I come up with this stuff. I tell her if I knew the answer to that question I could probably eliminate about half of those high powered mood altering drugs that I take every day. Wait just a minute. That was only a funny response. For the record, I don't take any of the aforementioned mood altering drugs but perhaps if I did I could do a better job in answering her question. But it has been a good week and I do hope you can look back and see that you've accomplished those things on your 'to do' list. If not, you can forward them to next week and get a running start come Monday. Until then, I bid you warm wishes for a good Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. Take care and may God bless each one. Amen.  ....More later.

No comments: