Tuesday, March 25, 2014

John 14:1 "Do not let your hearts be troubled. You believe in God; believe also in me." (NIV)

New day here on Tuesday, March 25, 2014, but some folks haven't rested that much. They are relentless and they do not intend on letting up until they get what they are looking for. No. I'm not talking about Putin and his Russian thugs, although that statement could apply. I'm actually talking about those who are working 24x7 trying to bring down the Duck Dynasty brand. As best I can tell the franchise is alive and well as they continue to do pretty doggone good, still dominating Cable each week and doing so in an environment where they are being constantly attacked. Last week I read one of the big TV trade magazines doing their drumbeat of doom in saying that the Robertson clan are being taught a lesson in how hate doesn't pay. Hate? C'mon, surely by now they can do better than that. It's only hate because they don't like what these people stand for. Here's a man that cares enough about others to share the truth from God's Word and the anti-truth lobby sets out to destroy him and his family by branding them as haters. Calling them names will not change thus says the Word of the Lord. Since these folks identify themselves with God, I would think they will be okay, no matter how it all plays out. (Just for the record, I'm following this as closely as I am primarily as an observation of our culture not because I am their biggest fan, although, I do watch their programs.)

In my wife's family, all four of the children produced a total of eight sons. They didn't have any girls in their family until our eldest son's first child, our Tiffany, was born. She was the first daughter in the family since my wife was born. Last Saturday as the eight sons stood around talking I found it interesting what they were talking about. One theme had to do with the challenges associated with growing older. Hello? These are the same dudes that we have on 8 MM video wrestling out in the yard like there was no tomorrow. These are the same fellows who did stunts on their bikes and ran and played until dark thirty every time they got together. Now they are talking about aches and pains and failing eyesight. The bicycles are now bifocals. The wrestling is now the waistline. And, so it goes. The circle of life. The fact that we all were able to be there, one more time, well, let me put it this way: That was nothing short of a shout of praise to God who has brought us all this far. Amen.

The Malaysian authorities have announced their conclusion based on an information model that the jetliner is officially crashed into the Indian ocean. Sadly, with their track record of misinformation, I'm sure many if not most remain skeptical. I did see a headline that said global warming was making it more difficult for them to locate the plane. I didn't read the article. And, just for the record, I've pretty much had enough of the global warming scare stuff to last me for a long time. Remember the Y2K debacle? That's something they knew a lot about. It was something they could touch and feel but what they thought would happen didn't. How much was invested? Nearly one trillion dollars. I'm not saying we don't have problems that need to be addressed but if history serves as a guide, we should be real careful before we commit trillions of dollars. Solar was the way to go. One area bought into that in a big way. Yuma, Arizona has seen the solar industry go bust and are now experiencing an unemployment rate of over 26%. Fossil fuel is dead. That's what was said. Today, Midland, Texas is enjoying a resurgence based on new technologies used for recovering oil. Their unemployment is 2.6%. Again, I'm not saying we don't have problems that need to be addressed but we sure do need to think long and hard before we bet the bank. As you hear so often, that's just me, and I'm just saying, if you know what I mean. I think you do. Take care and have a blessed day. Amen.      ....More later.

No comments: