Friday, August 30, 2013

“It's okay to look back at the past - just don't spend too much time staring at it.” (adapted from an anonymous source)

The famous farm girl Rawles Twins, born 18 months apart.
 ****Sorry to be running late but I was supposed to get up at 2:30 a.m., to make the six hour drive to be at the memorial service but my internal alarm didn't go off until 2:50 a.m. and that through me off a little. We are now at my mom and dad's for the night and all is well.****

Today is the get ready to rumble day as many prepare for the upcoming three day weekend. It is Friday, August 30, 2013, and folks are ready for the last fling of the waning summertime, the Labor Day Holiday. Today I want to send a special birthday greeting to my wife's sister, Dorothy. You might remember her. She and my wife, Marilyn, are pretty near joined at the hip, having been born as almost identical twins, eighteen months apart. That photo reminds me of their nick names, Dot and Lil Bit. I got started with this family over fifty years ago and I can say without equivocation that Dorothy is the real deal, a living breathing example of the Proverbs 31 woman. She and her late husband Charles built a testimony of serving the Lord in many different ministries over their long time together. We pause to thank God for Dorothy and all that she has done for our family and for the advancement of the kingdom. Amen.

As many of you read today's episode, I am well on my way to meet the wife and her family over in Winnsboro, Louisiana to attend the memorial service for her uncle, Jessie Rawles. Uncle Jessie was 79 years old and mercifully went on to his reward after discovering that he was suffering from Stage 4 Cancer. He was retired from the United States Air Force and quite a character. He had a quick wit, and could flash a smile that would light up a room. The two girls mentioned in the preceding paragraph will be singing at their uncle's home going celebration. They have done that for many family members over the years. That too is a part of the legacy we have been blessed with. I ask that you pray for Uncle Jessie's family as they deal with this loss.

Thanks for hanging in there with me this week. Enjoy your Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday, and the Labor Day Holiday on Monday. I will do my best to catch up with you real soon. No. That's not a threat, it's a promise. May God bring comfort to each hurting heart and may He help us all. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: