Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Nothing like routine to get you back into the groove.

Hello friends and neighbors, it's good to be back at my regular duty station, sending out a hello and welcome from my own little command center, from the broadcast booth here at the ole blogger ranch. It is Tuesday, August 13, 2013, and I can tell you that no one comes back from driving through some of the poorer areas of Acuña Mexico without a huge and overwhelming sense of just how blessed we are in this nation. I know there are plenty of needy people right here in our own land but we're talking about lacking things like running water, electricity, and other basic facilities. What we also saw were some happy people. Many of them turned out to be folks with very little of this world's goods but they did possess the living Lord of the universe in their hearts, therefore, they had something to rejoice about. I will be talking more about our trip later but I do want to say one thing that I remembered from my last visit there many years ago, and, it was still very obvious to me on this trip. The children. Beautiful, and plentiful. That's right. They do a pretty good job on the be fruitful and multiply command. Surrounded by lovely kids. I did my best to win over as many of them as I could. I must have been letting the Santa come through, but talk about being blessed, that I was my friend, that I was!


I do hope that all is well with you, and with those near and dear to you. The temperature in Acuña was well over 100 degrees and believe me, it was hot. While we all talked about how miserably hot it was, I was reminded that I had grown up without air conditioning for most of my early life. In fact, I was telling the group about how that I worked in an office in the late 1960's that had no air conditioning. We had these huge propeller like fans that made us have to weight everything down to keep it from flying away. The employees eventually pitched in and bought a window unit but before that we didn't have much to say about it because that was just the way it was. I'm not sure I could handle that today but it does remind me of how much I take for granted in all that God has blessed me with. 

Okay. I'm still a little groggy this morning, but I think I will be better later. Or at least that gives us all something to look forward to. Starting the work week on Tuesday is always a little difficult but I'm sure, based on experience, that it will more or less take care of itself. In due time. One thing our little trip reminded us of. The Gospel of Jesus Christ has no boundaries. It is the power of God unto salvation. The folks we saw that were picking up the baton of truth had many obstacles to overcome. They had family and heritage obstacles. They had religious obstacles. They had peer pressure obstacles. Yet, when they came to Jesus, He gave them the power to overcome. Overcoming power. That's what they needed. In case you missed it, that's also what we need today if we are to honor God with the life He has given to us. We may not have the same obstacles that other folks have but we've got our very own, and based on my time here on the planet, they have our name already stamped on them. Again, dealing with them in Mexico, here in the good old USA, or anywhere else in the world, requires God and His Spirit. Amen and Amen. See you again on this same station at, near, or around, this same time.        ....More later.

No comments: