Tuesday, August 27, 2013

"Don't put a question mark where God puts a period." (copied)

Hello to one and all as we pause to open up a gift with a tag that says Tuesday, August 27, 2013. That's right. A gift. Last Sunday evening our Bible study class read through the 139th Division of the Psalms. This is one of Shepherd King David's greatest songs. It deals with the limitless knowledge of all things known by our Great God. But, more importantly, David sees God, who knows everything, always and at all times, in how that God constantly thinks about, cares for, and takes actions on behalf of His created human family. Not as a mass of humanity but directed towards individuals created to breathe life on this planet. David said God's knowledge and thoughts about him personally were too much for him to grasp. He was having trouble taking in the fact that God, the very God, would spend His time considering a person named David. God does know it all but He has chosen to care for each person who has ever lived. I challenge you to read that song. It's not very long. Folks, no matter how tough it is, God knows everything about it and He loves and cares for us all. This is something we can live by. Amen.

You can pick up that that basket of nuggets of truth like you would at the drive through window. I do have confidence that it will nourish more than your physical well being because it speaks to our hearts. I suppose I could have asked if you would like fries with that, but, suffice it to say, it helped me, therefore, I wanted you to be helped also. We are a funny lot. Wouldn't you agree? Last weekend we had the weather maps depicting this huge weather system headed our way. It was forecast to be a real soaker. You know. Visions of gulley washes flashed in my mind. Now that will get your attention. Rain is on the way. Perhaps, lots of it. We now can get on the computer and look at the weather radar, the current conditions, the forecast can be sliced seven ways from Sunday, even down to what will be happening hour by hour over the next several days. Hour by hour. I saw stuff on my computer screen and it looked promising. I read the percentages predicted and that made me hopeful. Yet, when I looked outside I saw something quite different. Clear, hot, humid, and nary a drop of moisture. I must have checked that computer a half dozen times. Does anyone know where I can get a rain check for that forecast? (We did get a very good shower late yesterday afternoon and believe me, we are thankful for it!)

You do know by now that I like to find short ditties that use a play on words to convey the punch line. I know I probably used this one before but I ran into it again and thought it was worth a share or perhaps a cringe or two. "A group of chess enthusiasts were kicked out of a hotel reception for discussing their winning games. The manager can't stand chess nuts boasting in an open foyer." Ouch. Sorry. But I liked it. The UK Tabloids are always trying to plant a stinker for a headline that will at least get a potential reader's attention. Here's one from Scotland that pertained to their Celtic soccer team losing in the tournament: "Super Cally go Ballistic! Celtic are atrocious!" Me too. I'm pretty amazed they pay people to come up with stuff like that. But, to me, it is somewhat entertaining. You might go for something else entirely. One would hope so. Right? Here's something we all can do. Unwrap that gift of today and go out and do something good with it. Have a good one and I'll try to scratch something up for tomorrow. May God bless. Amen.   ....More later.

No comments: