Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Warning: Incoming stuff from who knows where!

Good Tuesday morning as we all seek to live out the life God has given to us on this December 29, 2009. I came through the holidays fairly good in my plus or minus target for my weight but I can't say the same for the kinds of foods I've been eating and their impact to my blood sugar control. I go back to my doctor in about three weeks so this is how I think about it. What can I do over the next three weeks to make him think I have been a good little boy? How ridiculous is that? When they draw my blood and do the detailed analysis they will have a definitive fix on whether I have been naughty or nice. But I have very much enjoyed the wonderful tastes of the season and the risk is always in not being able to transition back into a routine that makes more sense for my diabetic condition. I am currently working on that transition and I will be the first to admit that it is not easy to go back, but I do have to remind myself that it was too much of this good old southern cooking and my over indulgence that got me into this situation to begin with. Knowing this does not make it any easier!

Okay, let me see if I have this correct? The head of Homeland Security first said that she was proud of our security system because it worked perfectly well. The fellow with the bomb had a problem detonating it and passengers wrestled him down and this somehow means the system designed to keep something like this from happening worked well? News flash: Now she says the system didn't work well. It actually failed miserably. Her comments about how well it worked were taken out of context. This might make for a funny Keystone Cops episode if it were not for the fact that hundreds and thousands of lives are at stake. One of the interesting observations here has been the lack of accountability of this administration. The billions lost in the bailouts. The H1N1 fiasco. The Chicago style of political manipulation. The handling of the killing of our soldiers by one of their own. And, now this major catastrophic event. No accountability. No hounding by the press corp. No finger pointing, because why? My assessment says they love President Obama and they will do any and all they can to help him out. Look at how they pounced on every minute detail of every insignificant item during President George W. Bush's time in office. Is anyone paying attention?

I have been reviewing some of the top ten stories from 2009 as categorized by different organizations. The election of President Obama and his inauguration tops nearly all lists. The economy. Health care. Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran. Social issues. Fort Hood shootings. Michael Jackson's death. And, the list goes on and on, and it changes depending upon the viewpoint of the one making the list. However, we all have our own top ten list. The top ten things that impacted us in 2009. Your list or my list might include the loss of a loved one, a change in health status, a job situation, a family crisis, and so many others. It might also include some truly wonderful happenings like a promotion, the resolution of a family issue, or a spiritual breakthrough. Stuff happens to everyone, every single day. How can we make sense out of what at times seems to be senselessness? Only by trusting God and living each day in the knowledge that He is with us, and that He will never leave us, and He will never forsake us! (Romans 8 and Hebrews 13) Amen. ....More later.

No comments: