Thursday, December 24, 2009

Happy Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas eve to one and all on this Thursday, December 24, 2009. I was up at the crack of dawn this morning and out for a final run for a few miscellaneous items as well as doing the grocery store run for our planned Christmas feast. I am so glad I went early but I was not the only one with this idea. By the time I checked out the lines were beginning to grow. I made it back home in time to take my wife to the mall for her last shift before our big day. I parked and went into the mall, got me a cup of strong Colombian brew, and watched the folks as they scurried here and there. Yesterday I was surprised when I received the first Christmas card with my photo on it! Wow! A couple in our Church had their photo made with me a couple of weeks ago and used the photo on their card. How neat is that? My wife has been busy taking care of the wrapping of gifts. She loves wrapping gifts. She takes a lot of pains in wrapping gifts. Me? All I am thinking about is how they are torn into when they are handed to someone. But if that makes her feel good and in the spirit, then go all out is what I say. Our traditional meal at Christmas is a grilled steak cookout with baked potato and all the trimmings. We are so looking forward to having our entire gang over tomorrow. I am aware that many will be spending Christmas away from family and for some it will be a day marked by loneliness. My heart goes out to any and all that are in this situation. My wife's Aunt Lucille passed away this week. This was one of the three remaining sisters of her mom and Aunt Lucille was a woman with grace, grit, and a wonderful testimony for her Savior. Our prayers go out to this family. One of my granddaughter's told me that today was for her the longest day of the year. Waiting on Christmas. Waiting to see what gifts will be there. That is part of the fun for ages one to 99. Okay, back to the getting ready to get ready activities and I do wish you and yours a most wonderful evening as we anticipate this special day! Amen. .........More later.

No comments: