Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Off and running...and loving it all!

Good Tuesday morning on this December 22, 2009. Children everywhere are keeping tabs as the clock counts down to Christmas day. Last Friday it was early to work and then I was able to leave just after lunch. We were able to have a wonderful early afternoon late lunch to celebrate our 45th anniversary. We then had a party for our brand new 13 year old, Jimmy Jr. After the smoke cleared from the birthday celebration I went into my phone booth and transformed myself into that Jolly Old Elf for a visit to our Church teenage Christmas party. We arrived there before 10 p.m. and while some of them had to be shamed a little, we ended up taking Santa photos with 42 teenagers, the sponsors, those who just happened to be there, as well as a partridge and a pear tree. We had a blast. I can't wait to see some of those snapshots. It will likely be the very last kid's Santa photo for most of these older teens.

Saturday was a day to do Christmas cards and get stuff somewhat back in order. Sunday we had a great Bible Study time examining the facts of our faith relating to God's preserved texts that give us the details about our Savior coming to dwell among men. Later we had a great worship time, celebrated communion, and then had a time of candlelight carol singing together. It was a wonderful way to celebrate the real meaning of Christmas. It's little wonder how this can be a really great time of the year. Our local fellowship joined together to help one of our families that have small children but are struggling this year. They are dealing with unemployment and having even the basics to take care of their family. What a blessing to see folks open their hearts and their wallets as the heart of our Savior was shown in our sharing.

Yesterday, it was my distinct privilege to go over and spend the day with my mom and dad. I enjoyed the trip over where for three hours I was able to listen to some great music, do some teaching to myself, and even pray for those near and dear to me. I am thankful for mom and dad. They continue to be such great examples to us all. I was able to help mom a little with her internet device and we also spent quality time just catching up and walking down memory lane. Christmas time to me is about love. The love of God demonstrated in the sending of His Son into our world to eventually die on our behalf. The love we have for family and the treasure God has given to us in those that mean so much to us. It's also about the little ones and how they do get excited about all that's going on around them. Thanks, mom and dad for being such blessings to us. We wish you a merry Christmas. That's it for today. Odds and ends and in-betweens but we are still tracking towards our family day on the 25th and I am so-o-o-o excited!!! Amen. ....more later.

No comments: