Friday, December 18, 2009

My day to reflect and be thankful as I consider these special blessings!

Okay, it’s another Friday but an extremely special one for me on this December 18, 2009. It’s our first grandson’s birthday and he is 13 and officially a teenager …. today! Jimmy Jr. is a special young man and his MiMi and Poppy love him with all of our heart. He is a video game nut, a computer tech type with a thoughtful spirit that speaks volumes for his potential in life. We are so very thankful that God gave us our Jimmy Jr. Happy Birthday grandson!

Today is also our daughter-in-law Mitzi’s birthday and we pause to thank God for her. She is the tireless mom and wife who can be seen on any given day blurring here and there to take care of business for her three kiddos, Kyleigh, Lexie, and Brady, and also our son Rodney. What an addition to our family! May God continue to bless our Mitzi!

And, last but certainly not least, today I pause to recognize the God arranged ‘chance’ meeting I had in 1962 with the woman that became my bride on this day, December 18, 1964. Forty-five years and counting, what a remarkable woman and what a wonderful life we have enjoyed together. Sure, we have had our times of tears, troubles, and trials but on balance she has completed my life by completing me. That’s exactly what God said: The two shall become one. I am thankful for the memory of her parents who are now in the presence of God. They were tremendous people in my life and contributed so much over the years. I am thankful that her preacher boy brother, Brother Milton, performed our wedding ceremony, our first, and his first. Many of you know about Bro. Milton’s recent great health challenges and you are also aware of how dear he is to us.

Blessed. Blessed. Blessed. That’s about all I can think of to say about these birthdays and this special anniversary. Three sons, eleven grandchildren, and any day now, our first great granddaughter, memories galore too hard to even comprehend as I think about all that’s happened since I first laid eyes on the ONE. You likely grow tired of hearing me say that it is not easy being me BUT what about putting up with that same ‘me’ for forty-five years? She’s no diamond in the rough because her inner and outer beauty brilliantly shines every day, just like the sun. Thanks sweetheart for being just that, my sweetheart, for all these years. As I have signed every card for at least thirty of these years…..Baby, you’re still the greatest! Amen. ……More later.

No comments: