Thursday, December 3, 2009

Every snowflake is unique and I'm pretty flaky at times!

Good Thursday morning to one and all on this 3rd day of December 2009. It is a good day to give thanks unto the Lord. And, it is a day filled with visions of snow for many in our area. They tell us that if and that is a big IF, if all the conditions align tomorrow our specific area could see between 2" and 4" of snow. I notice the glazed eyes of my grandkids as they contemplate this happening. They think Frosty and snow balls and having a most wonderful time. I can remember when I would have been the same way but now I'm thinking roads, travel, access, people being distracted, protecting pipes, and the list goes on and on. But if it does happen I will do my very best to be happy for those who will enjoy it, especially since it is a fairly rare occurrence here in our part of the world. Will I get out in it and play? That remains to be seen but I have been known to do some pretty wacky things in the past. We'll have to wait and see!

We have our Christmas tree up and some lights on it but we still have a ways to go before it is finished. When the boys were at home we had as our tradition that our tree always went up on the Friday after Thanksgiving and by Saturday evening it would have been completely finished. But now a days MiMi and Poppy don't move quite as fast and with us both working and pursuing busy busy schedules, well, the tree is a priority but certainly not the highest on our list. Yesterday was a very busy day for me in that I had a number of places to go on behalf of our Company and then to hurry home and get ready for our mid-week Bible study where it was my turn to share God's word. That makes for a long but fulfilling day and we did have a most wonderful time of fellowship and feasting on the truths God has preserved for us. My wife didn't get home until 10 p.m. from work and I waited up for her and wasn't in bed until 10:30 and this morning instead of getting up at my regular 3:30 a.m. time, I slept in until 4:08 a.m. This always throws my day off and I am still trying not to meet myself coming back as I get caught up from running a little late. I'm not really late because we don't start until 7 a.m., but late for my schedule. Confused yet? Hang on, there's more but I will spare you the nitty gritty details.

When I think about snow I immediately think about our across the driveway neighbor. He moved here from upstate New York and his view of snow is quite different from ours. He has often told me that once you live in a place where there is several feet of snow for weeks and months, you will learn to appreciate the moderate weather we experience here. That is so true. Our perception and view is often made up of a fantasy and when reality hits, it's not what we thought it would be. We see the snowdrifts on the Christmas card and think how wonderful it must be to live in that setting while the reality is one of brutal cold with all its problems. But we are dreamers at heart and God is good to allow us at times to enjoy rolling around in the snow, freezing our buns off, and then even remembering it to be a wonderful experience. Meanwhile, mom sees nothing but piles of discarded wet clothing and hoarse throats and sniffles. We are a work in progress, wouldn't you agree? Have a great day and let me know if you have a good way of regaining that 38 minutes I lost this morning. Just joking. I think. I hope. May God bless. Amen. .....More later.

No comments: