Friday, February 22, 2019

“No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” ― Charles Dickens

Another day and another .... day, and yes, I am thankful for it, this one being Friday, February 22, 2019. We have this most wonderful fellow in our local fellowship. His name is Bro. Edgar. He and his wife are some of the most devoted servants of the Lord we've ever known. Last Monday, he celebrated his 90th birthday. I had asked him what he had planned to celebrate this milestone achievement. He said if he understood the wife's thinking, they would be looking at new flooring choices on his birthday. I immediately said anyone able to do that at 90 is pretty remarkable. He shot back how that being able to do anything at all at 90 was pretty remarkable. This man looks in his 70's, plays golf at least once a week, and always has his heart open to those in need of prayer or help. Church allows you to rub elbows with some wonderful folks and I feel blessed as a result. I tell him often that he is one of my heroes and how I wish to pattern my testimony to be more like a man like him. He is a real encourager to me in my teaching ministry and that means a lot. You know. A younger guy like me being supported by an older fellow like him. Amen.

For Flashback Friday, here's how I closed out my blog on February 22, 2008: ~Yes, each day will bring its own set of issues, challenges, and often, gut-wrenching experiences, but nothing about any of these things can change the reality for those who are the children of God. No, we don't act as if problems are of no concern to us because they often can be very wearisome and hard to bear. But, what we can do and what I hope we all will do, is to see that we are not alone in facing struggles that come our way. We have the living Lord of the universe Who actually resides in us in the Person of Holy Spirit God, and He will help us in making our way through what often seems like a maze. We also have OTHERS, our loved ones in our family, or dear friends, Church brothers and sisters, meaning we are surely not ALONE! I remember the Psalmist and King, David, once cried out as recorded in Psalm 42:11 with these words:  "Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God." (New American Standard Bible (NASB) That's what David needed to do. That's what I need to do. That's what you need to do. May God bless each one as we deal with all that makes up this journey called life. Have a great weekend (Saturday), and a great beginning, (Sunday)! And, Lord willing I will see you next Monday at the same station in or around the same time! ....More later. ~ Some encouragement then and now!

These flashback sequences show how the more things change it is the more they stay the same. And, it was the man given wisdom from God, Solomon, who said, "What has happened before will happen again. What has been done before will be done again. There is nothing new in the whole world." (Ecclesiastes 1:9 as rendered by the Good News Translation Bible) Much in the Bible is repetitious. Have you ever wondered why? The Word of God originates from our Creator. He would know best what we need to hear, over and over, to help us in the life He has given to us. I think that pretty much answers that question. As an aside, if you want proof of Solomon's quote, just look at the movies. Obviously, they mostly are doing remakes of the same stories over and over again. Oh well, we end another week of what likely has been less than stimulating conversational material, but, it did provide the email server some work to do, the blogging utility the opportunity to function, and, oh yeah, for Mr. Bentley and I to continue our forth and back challenge when I sit and type out my blogs while trying to convince him that chewing through the electrical cords is likely not in mine or his best interest. I do hope you have a wonderful Saturday and Lord's Day Sunday. Lord willing, creeks rising or not, or whether the Creek Indians rise or not, I will do my best to be back in my place come next Monday morning. Enjoy. And, may God add His blessings. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: