Friday, February 15, 2019

I can't really do the 'Home Alone' schtick because I have our middle son Jimmy here with me and one of his daughters, Alesha Camille, as well. They pretty much stay upstairs but technically I have not been left behind all alone. I am not certain when the lady of the house will return, but, probably by Sunday afternoon. It is Friday, February 15, 2019, and I did not mean to leave out our most recent family addition, Mr. Bentley. We continue his training process, but, he has learned to use it for his own benefit. When he gets sick and tired of being sick and tired cooped up here in The Home Office, he barks like he needs to go outside. I dutifully honor his request only to find out he really just wanted to get out of my office. Bentley does miss the lady of the house. Occasionally, he goes over to her regular sitting spot, puts his paws up on the couch and then looks at me, as if to say, "What did you do with her?" I have enough trouble to face without having to answer to Bentley as to the whereabouts of the lady of the house. However, I felt compelled to tell him not to worry because she will be back soon. The things I have to deal with. It's a full-time job folks, you know, being me.

Today's blog is number 3007 since I started this venture back in the summer of 2007. In February of 2008, I was happy to celebrate the writing of my 200th blog. Here's an excerpt from what I had to say about it back then: "Yes, today I complete the 200th episode of my mostly mediocre meanderings from the life and times of only one of the 6,651,349,655 people who breathe air on our planet. (estimated population count by the U. S. Census Bureau as of 5:42 a.m., 02-18-2008) That’s quite a remarkable number whenever you contemplate that less than forty years ago it was less than 4 billion. What’s even more mind-boggling is to consider God’s knowledge of each and every person and His love for each one and His provision of salvation through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ, who is able to save any and all who come to Him. And, while I am only one out of the nearly 7 billion who occupy space here on earth, God has a specific plan for me and He is not too busy with other folks to hear me, care for me, and respond as I seek Him. Now that’s what I call amazing! No wonder we call it Amazing Grace! For those who have read many of my musings, I do hope you have been informed here and there, perhaps learned an anecdote or two, found a quip or story that brought a smile, or have been encouraged to see and seek God each day of your life. I will admit I have at times suffered from ‘blogger’s block’ but that didn’t keep me from writing anyway, and I am more than certain you recognized that in the materials I’ve published. However, it has been a real joy for me to pass on some of what ping-pongs around in my head and that which springs forth from a heart desiring to honor God and be of help to others."

I do hope you have had a good week. It seems we have so many dealing with challenges including health, family, and other things that define life as we know it. It is our privilege to be able to pray for them and their needs, and, they do the same for us. This is how it works within a community of faith. "Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:2) I do hope you have a wonderful Saturday and that Lord's Day Sunday will find us all in the meeting place where we can show our love for God and each other. It's been a pretty eventful week. I think. It's hard to always know when each day seems to more or less run together. Last night, little Bentley took a nap where the lady of the house typically sits. I guess I'm not the only one who misses her when she is gone. I suppose that will give him something to look forward to. Me too. May God bless each one. Amen. ....More later.

No comments: