Monday, July 3, 2017

"Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints." ~ Psalm 116:15

Good morning. It's Monday, July 3, 2017, and I typically would be saying hello from my work place, but, not today. I am here at my ancestral home in Hornbeck, Louisiana, (in the actual house where I grew up as a kid), where we are helping to coordinate the home going service for dad. He slipped out of this life into the next, peacefully, in his sleep, at 3 a.m., last Saturday morning here in his home. We are hoping to be able to schedule this service on Wednesday, pending the confirmation of time and availability of the military honors due him at the Veterans Cemetery at Fort Polk, Louisiana. Both mom and dad were incredible people. They lived lives of distinction. Their living wrote their own epitaph. Dad's life spoke for itself: Duty, courage, and commitment. He made a difference.

I have much more. Later. Thanks for the prayers and support.

No comments: