Thursday, July 27, 2017

Practice may not make it perfect but practice always makes it better.

Okey-Dokey. Time to get up and get moving on this Thursday, July 27, 2017. What's that? You are not sure about my use of okey-dokey? It is perfectly acceptable as a humorous way to say okay. Still skeptical? Look it up. Check it out. That photo was taken yesterday morning here at my keyboard. My old work computer went kaput and I think I wore out my little personal laptop, therefore, I now have a new, (to me), used, handed down unit the Company gave me to use. It has a little different set up for the webcam and I used it to take that photo. The utility I used to take that photo does a little countdown so you know when it is going to actually snap the picture. I didn't want you to think that I wore that particular smile all the time. I do, however, practice smiling. I really do. Especially, when I am out and about in the Company truck. It's part of the preparation for the upcoming Santa season. I do get the occasional look from the car next to me and maybe a hand signal now and then. It reminds me of a video I watched the other day of one of my fellow Santas' as he was making a radio spot for a commercial which included him putting forth a hearty ho ho ho. It was maybe two minutes of him taping with a producer and technical guy doing the recording. He shared it as a public service for others. He read his little line and then punched with his ho ho ho. The producer wasn't satisfied with the ho ho ho. After about the fifth time, the old Santa was beginning to show some frustration. You know. Smoke was coming out of his ears. Now you know why I practice my special smiling. My professional smiling. I'll work on my ho ho ho later.

Today we pause to recognize our daughter in law, Sherrie's birthday. She has been married to our eldest son, Chris, for the past 31 years. They are the proud parents of three daughters and two granddaughters. That's a wonderful accomplishment for these two and we pray God's best for this beautiful family. We are MiMi and Poppy to their daughters, and they are Maw Maw and Paw Paw to their grand kids, and, that makes us Great Grand MiMi and Great Grand Poppy. (Their two grand kids are Madi, 7-1/2 years old and, Gabbi, 2-1/2 months. The seven year old also calls us MiMi and Poppy, the newest arrival calls us goo goo, ga ga. (I supplied the Great Grand for clarification only.) We enjoyed a time of celebration last night to recognize Sherrie. Happy Birthday and may God add His blessings is our prayer. Amen. Love, mom and dad

It's always a reminder when I see the first ad for the upcoming holiday season. That would be one that features us, Santa and Mrs. Claus, as participants. Here's what this week's Facebook posting said, "It's time to book your visit with SANTA! This year, our Signature Magical visits with Santa are on Fri, Dec 1st and Sat, Dec 2nd! Reserve your 15 minute private portrait appointment! Digital images, Albums, Christmas Cards; and Ornaments will be available in addition to portrait packages!" Just so you know, those 15 minute sessions are as jam packed as all get out. I had better get that smiling exercise program into high gear. Oh yeah, in case some of you are wondering, the Santa in the photo is none other than your faithful blogger himself. Mrs. Claus will be entertaining the children while the parents decide on their purchases. We are a team. Yep. I also have been listening to some Christmas music. I still love the late Eddy Arnold's version of "Christmas Can't be Far Away." But I do that throughout the year anyway.  I just happen to like Christmas music. Have a great rest of the day and I sign off with this quote from Tiny Tim in the Dickens, 'A Christmas Carol', "God bless us, every one!" Amen. ....More later.

No comments: