Friday, December 25, 2015

We very much wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

It's here, it's here, it's here! We have anticipated this day for some time now. All our clan (some 22 of us) are supposed to be here in our home today. That's not so easy these days with so many going in all directions. Another Christmas Day, this one comes to us on December 25, 2015. I bet I've wished folks a Merry Christmas at least 1,000 times while wearing The Suit in high traffic areas. Here's something interesting. If anyone was offended they certainly didn't show it. Nearly everyone repeated Merry Christmas back to me. Not all but nearly everyone. Those who didn't typically acknowledged my greeting with a wave or a nod. Some were so focused on their getting to where they were going or back to where they came from they just stared out into space. If this greeting is so offensive to so many people I would think I would have had at least one indication of it. But, that brings us back to this very day. We are planning a family day. A day of feasting and fellowship. We are planning a day that will begin with prayer and the reading of the Biblical account about why we have a Christmas Day.

Sure, there will be presents. I saw a slogan on a billboard that read: Presents are good but His Presence is the best! I agree. From our family to yours: May God help us all to have a joyous day, in Jesus Name, Amen. .....More later.

No comments: