Tuesday, December 22, 2015

"The spirit of Christmas is the spirit of love and of generosity and of goodness. It illuminates the picture window of the soul, and we look out upon the world's busy life and become more interested in people than in things." ~ Thomas S. Monson

Good morning and welcome. It's Tuesday, December 22, 2015, and I am happy to report that The Suit has been retired for this season. This has been our busiest season ever but very rewarding in so many ways. I believe it was this way because I mostly focused on the children this year. Too often it is easy to be distracted by the technical details, the set, the photographs, the parents, and so many other related issues. I more or less just let those things take care of themselves. The photo is our little great grand, Madi girl, (Madelyn Joy). The first shot is of her before going to Church. She loves Church. It was taken in our eldest son's home, our Chris, her Paw Paw. The others were with you know who. Funny thing happened when she climbed into the sleigh and sat down. Hello? I finally recognized her. Poor old Santa. In this case, poor old great grand Poppy Santa. I was embarrassed a little but so glad to see this girl. They say Christmas is for children and I know that's true. Children of all ages, but, especially so for a soon to be six year old. We are so looking forward to Friday, (warm, rain, or shine), to be with our gang. That's always a day we look forward to and one that we cherish.

The different venues where I was able to represent Santa allowed me to come in contact with children from all over the world. Literally. Our nation is truly a melting pot. Those here and many who are here visiting their relatives. There are just too many special moments to share but one little Oriental girl sticks out in my mind. She was maybe 2 going on 3 and she spoke perfect English. I mean clear sentences. She knew a lot about Santa. She did the ho-ho-ho with her own added sound effects. She did it with such gusto. I could learn from her. Her mom could just mention something and this beautiful child was off and running. They videotaped her and I singing We Wish You A Merry Christmas. There's no telling all the places those photos and videos will be seen. It reminded me of the love Jesus had for the little ones. He knew them. He loved them. He also knew they needed to know Him. Jesus surely did love all the children of the world. I hope I've been able in a small way to demonstrate His kind of love for the many I've been privileged to meet this year. Amen.

Ministry Team - Timber Lakes Baptist
It's always a wonderful exchange when I get to minister to others as the jolly old elf. This year I've held a number of mentally challenged children who were beyond excited to see Santa. The hardest thing for Santa is to hold back tears whenever these innocent little ones are in his arms. Yesterday we were able to be at an apartment complex with the ministry team from our local congregation. This complex caters to seniors including those with physical or other limitations. The ministry team is there every Monday for a service with these individuals. This was the Christmas party they have every year and I showed up to make photos with the folks that live in the apartments. All I can say is my heart overflowed with compassion for those there along with thankfulness and respect for the ministry team that has done this for so many years. They have gotten to know these people very well. They pray with them each week. Many times they help them with their personal errands or other things. And, they do love Santa. That guy. He sure gets lots of accolades. I should have known that I would end up doing something well where I don't even get recognized. That's okay because I have a heart full of sweet memories from this season. We can hardly wait until Friday when our entire gang will be in our home once again. So many blessings. Too many to count. But, always enough to say, "Thank You Lord!" Amen. .....More later. 

No comments: